LOR/pushing back to the next cycle

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CorkBoard

LOR/pushing back to the next cycle

Postby CorkBoard » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:18 pm

I think I'm pushing my app to the next cycle, so do I need to have my reviewers write LORs again for that cycle, or can I leave them and recycle them for next year?

DonnaDraper

Re: LOR/pushing back to the next cycle

Postby DonnaDraper » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:24 pm

LORs are good for 5 years. Just have them write it, and then use them next year. That is what I did, and I was partially glad because my recommenders were slow, and if I had submitted last year, they would have delayed my complete date, and I would have been pissseeed about that. Luckily, I applied this year and already had my recs ready. Def took some stress off.

CorkBoard

Postby CorkBoard » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:02 pm

DonnaDraper wrote:LORs are good for 5 years. Just have them write it, and then use them next year. That is what I did, and I was partially glad because my recommenders were slow, and if I had submitted last year, they would have delayed my complete date, and I would have been pissseeed about that. Luckily, I applied this year and already had my recs ready. Def took some stress off.

Yeah, I'm thinking of retaking in June so it might actually work out that I'll have everything (LOR, transcripts, PS) ready along with a hopefully better LSAT score.

Thanks!

target

Postby target » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:08 pm

CorkBoard wrote:I think I'm pushing my app to the next cycle, so do I need to have my reviewers write LORs again for that cycle, or can I leave them and recycle them for next year?

Talk to your LORers so if they specified any date in the letter, they could change it and resubmit. That should be easy for them.

CorkBoard

Postby CorkBoard » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:42 pm

target wrote:
CorkBoard wrote:I think I'm pushing my app to the next cycle, so do I need to have my reviewers write LORs again for that cycle, or can I leave them and recycle them for next year?

Talk to your LORers so if they specified any date in the letter, they could change it and resubmit. That should be easy for them.

Hm, hopefully none of them did this, but I can see where one of them would. I feel sort of embarrassed telling them that I'm thinking of pushing my cycle back :( but I will let them know after my scores come out... it all really falls to that, even though I am probably retaking my LSAT. Would that weigh heavily against me if I submitted next year without sending those? I am going to let them know, but I am just curious as to the effect a date would have on a LOR.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”