Out of curiosity, can adcoms see where all you have applied?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Out of curiosity, can adcoms see where all you have applied?

Postby seahawk32 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:17 pm

--ImageRemoved--

A sublime photograph for your time.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Out of curiosity, can adcoms see where all you have applied?

Postby seahawk32 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Anyone know?

phillipjg
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:39 am

Re: Out of curiosity, can adcoms see where all you have applied?

Postby phillipjg » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:32 pm

If they knew, would they have to ask? (Most applications include an optional question about where else you're applying)

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Out of curiosity, can adcoms see where all you have applied?

Postby seahawk32 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:36 pm

phillipjg wrote:If they knew, would they have to ask? (Most applications include an optional question about where else you're applying)


True, but under most education sections I've filled out, they ask for my GPA even though they'll be getting my transcripts.

shastaca
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Re: Out of curiosity, can adcoms see where all you have applied?

Postby shastaca » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:47 pm

They do not get to see applications.

However, if you notify a school that you plan on attending LSAC is notified. So your accepting admissions at multiple schools shows up on a weekly LSAC report to the schools involved.

It can be a useful time to negotiate.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Out of curiosity, can adcoms see where all you have applied?

Postby seahawk32 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:49 pm

shastaca wrote:They do not get to see applications.

However, if you notify a school that you plan on attending LSAC is notified. So your accepting admissions at multiple schools shows up on a weekly LSAC report to the schools involved.

It can be a useful time to negotiate.


Awesome advice. Thanks.

User avatar
yuzu
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: Out of curiosity, can adcoms see where all you have applied?

Postby yuzu » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:26 pm

shastaca wrote:However, if you notify a school that you plan on attending LSAC is notified. So your accepting admissions at multiple schools shows up on a weekly LSAC report to the schools involved.


My understanding was that this was not personally identifiable but rather an aggregate number across a school's entire admitted applicant pool.

User avatar
SemperLegal
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Out of curiosity, can adcoms see where all you have applied?

Postby SemperLegal » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:33 pm

yuzu wrote:
shastaca wrote:However, if you notify a school that you plan on attending LSAC is notified. So your accepting admissions at multiple schools shows up on a weekly LSAC report to the schools involved.


My understanding was that this was not personally identifiable but rather an aggregate number across a school's entire admitted applicant pool.


Dean Z says in the interview posted on this site that peer schools do know who applied where.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Out of curiosity, can adcoms see where all you have applied?

Postby seahawk32 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:19 am

SemperLegal wrote:Dean Z says in the interview posted on this site that peer schools do know who applied where.


I apologize, but I can't find the statement you're referencing. I read interviews by Van Zandt and Zearfoss, the only Z's I could find.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], MSNbot Media and 2 guests