need advice nOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
amw0254

need advice nOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby amw0254 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:19 pm

So I got an acceptance letter from Chicago's John Marshall School of Law and I just wanted some advice on if that's a good idea. The thing is , I was also accepted into a MA program at Penn State (American Studies). -If I got there I could probably be a writer or professor. Also I was accepted in the MBA program at Univ of Houston-Victoria and Texas A&M- Commerce. What do you guys think? Just some advice, NO NEGATIVITY PLEASE!!!! IF you don't have anything nice to SAY, then don't Speak at all.

romothesavior

Re: need advice nOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby romothesavior » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:20 pm

amw0254 wrote:I just wanted some advice on if that's a good idea.

amw0254 wrote:NO NEGATIVITY PLEASE!!!! IF you don't have anything nice to SAY, then don't Speak at all.

lol

tmon

Postby tmon » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Advice: Don't go.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:23 pm

A) sorry bro, you don't really get to dictate how people respond. This is the internet.

B) it seems you have no idea what you want to do with your life. Figure that out before paying for any school.

amw0254

Postby amw0254 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:25 pm

Dontgo to where? Did you even read the entire post?! there are 5 different schools there, 2 mbas, 1 penn state MA, AND 1 law school. Why don't you try explaining your self. Because "don't go" is no advice at all. It just makes you sound childish and pompous

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:27 pm

amw0254 wrote:Dontgo to where? Did you even read the entire post?! there are 5 different schools there, 2 mbas, 1 penn state MA, AND 1 law school. Why don't you try explaining your self. Because "don't go" is no advice at all. It just makes you sound childish and pompous

well, since this is a law school board, we'll just assume they were talking about the law school, mmmmmkay?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:28 pm

amw0254 wrote:Dontgo to where? Did you even read the entire post?! there are 5 different schools there, 2 mbas, 1 penn state MA, AND 1 law school. Why don't you try explaining your self. Because "don't go" is no advice at all. It just makes you sound childish and pompous

This is top law schools. Most of us aren't able to advise you on the other options, and no one really cares.

You clearly have no idea what you want to do with your life, and going to any of these schools (especially JMLS) is probably a stupid career move. What do you plan to do with an MBA or a goddamn American Studies degree? Sounds stupid to me. Also, I know multiple people at JMLS, all near the top of their class, and none of them have jobs. So take that FWIW.

This seems to be the beginning of a weak flame, but I'm give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

Aeroneous

Postby Aeroneous » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:29 pm

-If you go the MBA route, definitely go with A&M over Houston. Although not INCREDIBLE, A&M's MBA reputation is better than Houston's.
-An MA in American Studies just sounds like a complete waste of time that probably won't open up many job prospects, in my opinion.
-I won't comment on what you should do with regard to a JD since I'm but a lowly 0L.

I think the advice you've been given about figuring out what you want to do is the best so far. You're pretty all over the place. Narrow down a path and work toward your best options in that one path.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:30 pm

romothesavior wrote:

This is top law schools. Most of us aren't able to advise you on the other options, and no one really cares.

You clearly have no idea what you want to do with your life, and going to any of these schools (especially JMLS) is probably a stupid career move. What do you plan to do with an MBA or a goddamn American Studies degree? Sounds stupid to me. Also, I know multiple people at JMLS, all near the top of their class, and none of them have jobs. So take that FWIW.

This seems to be the beginning of a weak flame, but I'm give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

oh he realllll mad!!

tmon

Postby tmon » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:31 pm

No, I actually meant all of those options, based on what you said in the OP. But especially John Marshall.

neeko

Postby neeko » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Why A&M commerce and not A&M college station?

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:33 pm

OP: In your first post on TLS, you wrote that you got a 162 on your LSAT. If accurate, then you should be able to get scholarship offers from a few Tier Two (54-100) law schools & acceptances to many Tier One (Top 50) law schools.

Decide which path you want to pursue, then expand your options by applying more wisely.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:33 pm

Quit screaming at people.

Be nicer in your next thread, or I'll lock that one too.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”