How bad is this???

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
soleilik

How bad is this???

Postby soleilik » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:55 am

So I have been customizing the last paragraph of my personal statement for each school I have applied to.
I start the paragraph by "It would be an honor to...." Looking through my submitted applications, I realized that for two of my applications, the first statement reads "I would be an honor..." instead of "IT". I know that this is not the biggest mistake in the world, but would this make me look sloppy and unprofessional? Other than that, my personal statements have been proofread and critiqued by several people, so they should be free of any other mistakes.
Please tell me what you think!!! I am beyond worried :(

FryBreadPower

Re: How bad is this???

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:03 am

soleilik wrote:So I have been customizing the last paragraph of my personal statement for each school I have applied to.
I start the paragraph by "It would be an honor to...." Looking through my submitted applications, I realized that for two of my applications, the first statement reads "I would be an honor..." instead of "IT". I know that this is not the biggest mistake in the world, but would this make me look sloppy and unprofessional? Other than that, my personal statements have been proofread and critiqued by several people, so they should be free of any other mistakes.

eh; its a one character mistake in a 2+ page personal statement. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

z0rk

Postby z0rk » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:31 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
soleilik wrote:So I have been customizing the last paragraph of my personal statement for each school I have applied to.

eh; its a one character mistake in a 2+ page personal statement. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

This is not worth losing sleep over. You are OK. Don't call the schools to discuss it, dont submit a modified PS, just sit back relax and enjoy the peace and freedom of no longer studying or writing apps.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:02 pm

Worry if you applied to Yale, otherwise you should be okay.

Opie

Postby Opie » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:18 am

Most people's eyes will slide right over this and read what you meant. Especially people with hundreds of these to read.

soleilik

Postby soleilik » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:19 pm

Thank you all so much for the support! I am just going to try to relax and not worry about it! Good luck:)

shmoo597

Postby shmoo597 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:16 am

Don't be so sanguine. This is exactly the kind of stuff that adcoms hate. Its like, you spend hours on an application and you can't even proofread for typos? If I were you, I'd email all of the schools about the error.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:34 am

shmoo597 wrote:Don't be so sanguine. This is exactly the kind of stuff that adcoms hate. Its like, you spend hours on an application and you can't even proofread for typos? If I were you, I'd email all of the schools about the error.

BiglawOrBust

Postby BiglawOrBust » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:36 am

shmoo597 wrote:Don't be so sanguine. This is exactly the kind of stuff that adcoms hate. Its like, you spend hours on an application and you can't even proofread for typos? If I were you, I'd email all of the schools about the error.

Someone's trolling this morning! Imma stalk all your posts and warn the others.

bessmarvin89

Postby bessmarvin89 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:16 am

You can't possibly be serious about this. It was an honest mistake. They'll get over it. Its called being human.

bessmarvin89

Postby bessmarvin89 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:17 am

soleilik wrote:Thank you all so much for the support! I am just going to try to relax and not worry about it! Good luck:)

Yeah, Dont worry. Think about it this way, ONE little error is not going to drastically change their decision. If they were to admit you they will, if they weren't they wont. Be easy

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”