Plz critique my addenda

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kbyun2

Plz critique my addenda

Postby kbyun2 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:09 am

ADDENDUM 1: Explanation for Withdrawal during Semester

I was forced to withdraw from the 2007 Spring semester as a result of a family emergency. In April 2007, my father had a sudden brain stroke and had lapsed into a coma. I had to go back to South Korea in the middle of the semester to see him and support my family members, who were in a deep state of shock and sorrow. Fortunately, my father regained consciousness after eight days.

ADDENDUM 2: Explanation for Disciplinary Action

In the Spring of 2009, when I was a senior at Emory, a disciplinary action was taken against me for possession of a marijuana pipe in a friend’s dormitory room on campus. The object was reported by an RA during a routine inspection of the dorm. I was asked to meet with a dean from the Office of Student Conduct regarding the incident. During the meeting, I told the dean and others present that, although the pipe (a souvenir from trip to Amsterdam) had been found in my friend’s room, it belonged to me. I was further told that I could either request a hearing or accept responsibility. I chose to take responsibility and had a two-hour session with a counselor at the student health center. I knew then that I had made a terrible error in judgment. I was and continue to be very remorseful about my actions.

ADDENDUM 3: Explanation for LSAT Absence

On the way to the December 2009 exam, I was involved in a serious automobile collision. I suffered nerve damage and injuries to my upper spine. I received prolonged treatment in hospital at the time, and performed poorly on the June 2010 LSAT as a result of pain in my right hand from the injuries I suffered. After several months of physical therapy and rehabilitative training, I have now almost completely recovered.

These are actually very truthful.

89vision

Re: Plz critique my addenda

Postby 89vision » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:09 pm

kbyun2 wrote:ADDENDUM 1: Explanation for Withdrawal during Semester

I was forced to withdraw from the 2007 Spring semester as a result of a family emergency.In April 2007, my father had a sudden brain stroke and had lapsed into a coma, and I was forced to withdraw during the Spring 2007 semester. I had to go back returned to South Koreain the middle of the semester to see him and support my family members, who were in a deep state of shock and sorrow. Fortunately, my father regained consciousness after eight days.

ADDENDUM 2: Explanation for Disciplinary Action

In the Spring of 2009, when I was a senior at Emory, a disciplinary action was taken against me for possession of a marijuana pipe in a friend’s dormitory room on campus. The object was reported by an RA during a routine inspection of the dorm. I was asked to meet with a dean from the Office of Student Conduct regarding the incident. During the meeting, I told the dean and others present that, although the pipe (a souvenir from trip to Amsterdam) had been found in my friend’s room, itbelonged to me. I was further told that I could either request a hearing or accept responsibility. I chose to take responsibility and had a two-hour session with a counselor at the student health center. I knew then that I had made a terrible error in judgment. I was and continue to be am very remorseful about my actions.

ADDENDUM 3: Explanation for LSAT Absence

On the way to the December 2009 exam, I was involved in a serious automobile collision. I suffered nerve damage and injuries to my upper spine. I received prolonged treatment in hospital at the time, and performed poorly on the June 2010 LSAT as a result of pain in my right hand from the injuries I suffered. After several months of physical therapy and rehabilitative training, I have now almost completely recovered.

Why would you take the LSAT if you were in sever pain? Just curious.

These are actually very truthful.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”