Villanova

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
netsfan05

Villanova

Postby netsfan05 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:34 pm

I understand Villanova Law isn't as highly ranked as other schools, but does anyone know how the education is over there and what the employment statistics are? I'm interested in applying there next year and it sounds great. Anyone else have other information regarding it? Thanks!

AntipodeanPhil

Re: Villanova

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:02 am

For the best presentation of the employment information, go to the website below and select Villanova:

--LinkRemoved--

The summary: as far as we know, only about 23% of the class of 2009 (the last class for which we have data) make over $82,000 (i.e., enough to pay back law school debt and live comfortably).

10% were unemployed 9 months after graduation.

53% of the class did not report salary information. In theory, those people could be making big money, but if they were they would almost certainly have reported their salaries. To see this, use the link above to look at the data for the very top-ranked law schools. At those schools, almost all of alumni report their salaries. Why? Because they are making good money and have nothing to hide.

john1990

Postby john1990 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:16 am

netsfan05 wrote:I understand Villanova Law isn't as highly ranked as other schools, but does anyone know how the education is over there and what the employment statistics are? I'm interested in applying there next year and it sounds great. Anyone else have other information regarding it? Thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=150681

I can't speak for their education, but the economic figures speak for themselves. That is a great thread to checkout because those graphs confirm that with few exceptions, rank and employment are directly coordinated.

Nova does fairly well for its ranks though. In fact it looks like it fairs better than Penn state, and this is before the scandal :twisted:
This is probably due to the fact the Penn state does very poorly compared to similarly ranked schools :shock:

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:18 am

AntipodeanPhil wrote:The summary: as far as we know, only about 23% of the class of 2009 (the last class for which we have data) make over $82,000 (i.e., enough to pay back law school debt and live comfortably).

Snap! Striking out at OCI may not be the end all for me.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”