Scholarship Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FreeLolita

Scholarship Question

Postby FreeLolita » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:25 pm

Does sitting on an acceptance that you received this early in the game make a school more likely to give you money eventually? What if it is after the notification date of schools from which they are trying to take students admitted students. Muchas gracias.

duckmoney

Re: Scholarship Question

Postby duckmoney » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:29 pm

FreeLolita wrote:Does sitting on an acceptance that you received this early in the game make a school more likely to give you money eventually? What if it is after the notification date of schools from which they are trying to take students admitted students. Muchas gracias.

Schools don't expect you to accept an offer until whenever the April / May deadline is. You have up until that point to negotiate with schools over scholarship.

Many schools don't give out scholarship decisions until March or April, so you'll probably have your best luck then. Also, if you hold out until right before the deadlines, you might be able to grab some last minute money that a school freed up.

Last year, I was accepted in January to a school that had an April 30th deadline. I tried several times to negotiate with them without success, until they finally called me on April 28th and said some money freed up and they could offer me a scholarship.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”