This Forum has to be the most bitter & suicidal around...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
emorystud2010

Re: This Forum has to be the most bitter & suicidal around...

Postby emorystud2010 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:19 pm

Edited bc it wasn't obvious I was trolling.
Last edited by emorystud2010 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Valkyrie

Postby The Valkyrie » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:20 pm

There are forums dedicated specifically to bitterness and suicide. Believe me, I'm a cutter.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:20 pm

The Valkyrie wrote:There are forums dedicated specifically to bitterness and suicide. Believe me, I'm a cutter.

how do u hide the scars when u go out in ur bikini?

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:23 pm

romothesavior wrote:
c3pO4 wrote:meh. tired schtick. you are wrong about everything including

a) your characterization of TLS

b) your characterization of law schools

c) your characterization of the legal market.

I usually tell you you're wrong, but its Thanksgiving, so I will tell you that you hit this one right on the head.

Most of the people who come on here pushing this tired "you guys are all elitists, I don't want a big NYC job, you must all be mouth breathing nerds!" schtick do exactly the three things you mentioned. They don't understand what people on TLS are saying and they grossly mischaracterize it, they don't get how the legal market works, and subsequently they know fuck-all about law schools. This guy is a perfect example.

I see Romo is still playing the Strawman game.

The Valkyrie

Postby The Valkyrie » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:24 pm

thederangedwang wrote:
The Valkyrie wrote:There are forums dedicated specifically to bitterness and suicide. Believe me, I'm a cutter.

how do u hide the scars when u go out in ur bikini?

With aplomb

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:24 pm

Legacy, the 2.5 150 was refferencing the op and why he shouldnt "go with his heart." The "if you mean urm / low income" part was when you wrote about usdiscouraging those from "non-traditional backgrounds"

Anyways as for your bragging at the end, cool story but not sure how that's relevant at all....

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:26 pm

You dipshits are ruining my Thanksgiving with your unbridled optimism (also known as "being a retard").

If by "reaching greatness with a JD" you mean shoveling shit for a living, then your TTT degree will put you well in your way. Hey, the world needs ditch diggers.

Legacy Rabbit

Postby Legacy Rabbit » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:28 pm

emorystud2010 wrote:
Legacy Rabbit wrote:FryBread Power and the rest of you bitter spoiled children can continue dissecting my posts and deterring from the topic at hand. The level of negativity on this forum from time to time is unreal. People with non traditional backgrounds who are attempting to enter law school can come to this forum to receive some good advice. However, they have to separate from the few but loud posters who provide nonsense and useless crap.

Ok, here is the real issue. The reason for most of the pessimism on this forum are because people with low gpas, low lsats, and bad undergraduate "experiences" keep going to law school (and shitty law schools keep churning these people out). A handful of these people will be decent and/or successful lawyers, but most of them will continue to just saturate the market even more. This pisses off the people like me and other TLSers who worked hard to get good grades, do well on the LSAT, and stay out of trouble. Being a lawyer shouldn't be something you just walk into because you think "oh boy, the path to greatness is a JD. I should do that!" It should be something you earned from either one or both of the following: 1) working hard/smart for 4 years as an undergrad; or 2) getting your shit together enough to do well on the lsat to show that you have the ability to at least be somewhat competent in a high-pressure situation.

TL/DR: Bad numbers ppl generally bring down the profession. That's why TLS ppl are pissy. You should do something like get good grades or do well on a high-pressure test to show you deserve to be a lawyer.

Btw douche bag, you don't know me. You have no idea what I have accomplished in my life. I could have found the fucking cure for some form of cancer you've never heard of. That type of "I'm better than you" mentality (which ironically enough is shared by a lot of the people on this forum) is why people hate lawyers.

Okay, I get it. The reason the cream of the crop are having difficulty in the legal profession is because someone else is making it too difficult for them to succeed.

OF COURSE!! Someone else is to blame for your lack of a career. You get in to a tier 1 school because of your grades and scores only to blame others because you cannot compete in the legal market. The sweet sounds of a child who has yet to grow up. I thought the best schools would ALMOST guarantee success.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Kapital I sincerely wish you nothing but the worst in life.

emorystud2010

Postby emorystud2010 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:30 pm

There is so much fail in this post that I'm not even going to try anymore. Good luck with whatever it is you end up doing.
Last edited by emorystud2010 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Legacy Rabbit wrote:
emorystud2010 wrote:
Legacy Rabbit wrote:FryBread Power and the rest of you bitter spoiled children can continue dissecting my posts and deterring from the topic at hand. The level of negativity on this forum from time to time is unreal. People with non traditional backgrounds who are attempting to enter law school can come to this forum to receive some good advice. However, they have to separate from the few but loud posters who provide nonsense and useless crap.

Ok, here is the real issue. The reason for most of the pessimism on this forum are because people with low gpas, low lsats, and bad undergraduate "experiences" keep going to law school (and shitty law schools keep churning these people out). A handful of these people will be decent and/or successful lawyers, but most of them will continue to just saturate the market even more. This pisses off the people like me and other TLSers who worked hard to get good grades, do well on the LSAT, and stay out of trouble. Being a lawyer shouldn't be something you just walk into because you think "oh boy, the path to greatness is a JD. I should do that!" It should be something you earned from either one or both of the following: 1) working hard/smart for 4 years as an undergrad; or 2) getting your shit together enough to do well on the lsat to show that you have the ability to at least be somewhat competent in a high-pressure situation.

TL/DR: Bad numbers ppl generally bring down the profession. That's why TLS ppl are pissy. You should do something like get good grades or do well on a high-pressure test to show you deserve to be a lawyer.

Btw douche bag, you don't know me. You have no idea what I have accomplished in my life. I could have found the fucking cure for some form of cancer you've never heard of. That type of "I'm better than you" mentality (which ironically enough is shared by a lot of the people on this forum) is why people hate lawyers.

Okay, I get it. The reason the cream of the crop are having difficulty in the legal profession is because someone else is making it too difficult for them to succeed.

OF COURSE!! Someone else is to blame for your lack of a career. You get in to a tier 1 school because of your grades and scores only to blame others because you cannot compete in the legal market. The sweet sounds of a child who has yet to grow up. I thought the best schools would ALMOST guarantee success.

You keep mentioning children. I guarantee you are not the oldest person here. Stop falling back on that- it's childish.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:32 pm

c3pO4 wrote:legacy is born 50 years too late. sounds like a classic shitboomer. follow your heart do whatever you want it will work out. puke.

Legacy Rabbit wrote:There is more to life than inseminating your hand controller while you play CALL OF DUTY. Wipe and clean up, then respond.

Go attack each other somewhere else.

FryBreadPower

Postby FryBreadPower » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Legacy Rabbit wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:

Lol at assuming everyone here is spoiled, but by stating you're a non-traditional / long shot to make it I'd imagine you're stating you're from low-income, a URM, or something similar so we shouldn't be harsh on your dreams. Tbh a lot of the schools that accept 2.5 / 150's are just preying / taking advantage of individuals in those situations

How did you jump from my response "few but loud posters" to assuming that I think/believe that everyone here is spoiled?? Get your facts straight then respond. Plus, why would assume that I am a low income URM because of my original post?? WOW, that is really telling of the way you think and perceive the world.

2.5 GPA and a 150 LSAT --> Jumping to conclusions without any tangible stats of my situation.

I can assume from your post that you have never held a paid full time job in any Fortune 100 company. Your little summer internship opening mail does not count.

Lulz. What do you mean -- your tangible states are RIGHT there. There isn't any other tangible stat that is going to change your situation. Honestly, I wish nothing but the best for you; I hope that you find the career you are looking for. However, I really think you need to add a realistic perspective to your situation. There are people saying that the vast majority of students in the T30-50 are going to have problems, little alone schools below that.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:34 pm

pretty sure romo should be banned as well

"Kapital I sincerely wish you nothing but the worst in life."

"You dipshits are ruining my Thanksgiving with your unbridled optimism (also known as "being a retard").

If by "reaching greatness with a JD" you mean shoveling shit for a living, then your TTT degree will put you well in your way. Hey, the world needs ditch diggers.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:40 pm

paratactical wrote:
1) I assume that you would, however, like A job that would actually pay you money. This limits the schools that are reasonably safe bets to go to when compared to scholarship opportunities.

2) My "apple mac book pro laptop" was provided by my job. If I made the decision to go to a T3 school with $150k debt, I probably wouldn't have a job or a laptop, so huzzah TLS.

3) Delusional hope is not hope at all, it's self-sabotage.
Other than my gems, this is the best post ITT. You want a job? No school that takes a 2.5/150 will get you a job. Those are absolutely atrocious stats. But I'm sure you're just some special snowflake who "doesn't test well" and can beat the odds.

Ever notice that those of you "raving optimistists" are almost always 0Ls? Just about every practicing lawyer, recent grad, and current student would tell you what a fool you are. Im sure all these people are just socially inept losers, right? Hell, para here is a paralegal and has a 10x better grip on the market than some of you ITT. Seriously, stop pretending you have some special knowledge of the market that TLS doesn't. Go to a shit law school at your own peril. With your numbers you'll be on JDU bitching about your worthless Cooley degree in three years.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:40 pm

emorystud2010 wrote:

What on earth are you talking about? A U. DC grad doesn't impact me any more than a chiropractor hurts my dad's surgery practice. It's nothing to get pissy about.

If I tell someone not to go to law school, it's because I think if they do, their life will suck more than if they didn't.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:41 pm

thederangedwang wrote:pretty sure romo should be banned as well

"Kapital I sincerely wish you nothing but the worst in life."

"You dipshits are ruining my Thanksgiving with your unbridled optimism (also known as "being a retard").

Sorry to be harsh, but the herp derp ITT is unbearable.

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:46 pm

IAFG wrote:
emorystud2010 wrote:

What on earth are you talking about? A U. DC grad doesn't impact me any more than a chiropractor hurts my dad's surgery practice. It's nothing to get pissy about.

+1. The tens of thousands of students going to bad law schools will not impact my career at all, since the employers are unwilling to look at them.
If anything, it just means more s---law lawyers bringing bogus suits for me to defend. :D

emorystud2010

Postby emorystud2010 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Edited bc it wasn't obvious I was trolling.
Last edited by emorystud2010 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:56 pm

--ImageRemoved--

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:04 pm

emorystud2010 wrote:
IAFG wrote:
emorystud2010 wrote:

If I tell someone not to go to law school, it's because I think if they do, their life will suck more than if they didn't.

You're failing to see the big picture. On an individual basis, one person going to a crappy law school isn't going to affect me or other Tier 1 graduates. However, the problem is the over-saturation of the market combined with the downsizing that has been going on in the legal profession. I'm not going to go over that whole argument again because much smarter people have written tons about it in a much more thoughtful manner than I ever could. However, one of my (and many others) goals on TLS is to keep people from going to crappy law schools and exasperating the problem. That's why you hear "retake" so much. Either do well enough to go to a good school or find another profession to clutter.

I am not failing to see anything. A tier 4 grad isn't competing with me.

edit: except the few that are, but they seem to pretty well have earned it.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:07 pm

NYC Law wrote:--ImageRemoved--

perfect.

Corsair

Postby Corsair » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:09 pm

Postby 071816 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:19 pm

--ImageRemoved--

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:07 pm

paratactical wrote:1) I assume that you would, however, like A job that would actually pay you money.

I pay my employees in gum. They seem happy.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”