This Forum has to be the most bitter & suicidal around...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
johansantana21

Re: This Forum has to be the most bitter & suicidal around...

Postby johansantana21 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:34 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
john1990 wrote:
bruss wrote:
johansantana21 wrote:Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man

i think the distinction between good employment and gainful employment is nominal, almost ambiguous.

I would argue that good employment changes based on the priorities of the individual and is internal (The job makes you feel good.); whereas, gainful employment is a net-gain across all priorities.

Take a criminal lawyer that makes ~500,000 a year in net-profit into his pocket and pretty much everything is going on track.

But he is a devout religious person who defends pedos and murderers. He hates his life, and always has. He does not enjoy the job. Never did, but it puts bread on the table. Therefore he stays in his job. Miserable.

This is how I'm thinking of it.

Again, that's just like your opinion man.

Since when is gainful only gainful towards monetary gain?

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:21 pm

johansantana21 wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:I would argue that good employment changes based on the priorities of the individual and is internal (The job makes you feel good.); whereas, gainful employment is a net-gain across all priorities.

Take a criminal lawyer that makes ~500,000 a year in net-profit into his pocket and pretty much everything is going on track.

But he is a devout religious person who defends pedos and murderers. He hates his life, and always has. He does not enjoy the job. Never did, but it puts bread on the table. Therefore he stays in his job. Miserable.

This is how I'm thinking of it.

Again, that's just like your opinion man.

Since when is gainful only gainful towards monetary gain?

Since when is pretty much everything only pretty much everything towards monetary gain?
HTH.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:29 pm

and
--ImageRemoved--

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:33 pm

I eat a bowl of stupid every morning as prescribed by our Glorious Leader. Without it, I would attempt a revolution. Not communist, nor fascist.

Probably something derpy like RL internetz.

Yes, that is what it shall be.

I shall make it legal for people to ban other people from places that don't matter much beyond inducing lulz.

Surely, this is the type of government we desire. Why else would everybody have the internetz.

Postby 20121109 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Ok. When para starts with the memes and RP produces the lulz, the thread has run its course, lol...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”