Can you hide transcripts..

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
c3pO4

Re: Can you hide transcripts..

Postby c3pO4 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:01 pm

emkay625 wrote:
SnoDog wrote:Wouldn't the OP also get in trouble once the law school / C+F finds out that he didn't submit his CC transcripts to his UG?

Yes.

Yea, if the UG has any request for all transcripts just like law schools, which includes CC, OP may already have serious C&F problems. Lying to UG about CC classes seems almost as bad as lying to law schools. They'll know he didn't disclose to UG if they pull his UG apps and cross-reference with his LS apps, something I'm pretty sure is routine procedure.

paul34

Postby paul34 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Last edited by paul34 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hopefully2012

Postby Hopefully2012 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:24 am

ewhite09 wrote:Thanks all for the information, I am definitely going to disclose. Just a little sad. So with a 3.79 which it will most likely be, what type of LSAT score am I looking at to get into the t14? 170 minimum? Non-URM Hispanic.

Cornell with ~168.

Check http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

yuzu

Postby yuzu » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:48 am

While I do not condone this sort of intentional deception by any means, I am genuinely curious how often this actually comes up. It strikes me that it must be fairly common for someone to inadvertently omit a community college course, and the only C&F story I can find on Google is a secondhand story about someone who left off an entire semester load of Fs. I would guess most people who do this get away with it. (At least if their name isn't E. White...)

I also think it is extremely unfortunate that the US-News-centric law school admissions precludes law schools from knowingly forgiving that sort of transcript. While it certainly represents a minor lapse of judgment to get a semester of Fs in community college, the punishment in terms of LSAC GPA is grossly disproportionate, especially considering few community college students have reason to be aware of LSAC disclosure requirements.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”