Submitting an Updated LOR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
7ate9

Submitting an Updated LOR

Postby 7ate9 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:15 pm

One of my professors completed and submitted a recommendation letter for me this past February (2011). Recently, he completed and submitted to LSAC an updated letter that goes over some additional accomplishments. Since I already submitted the majority of my letters weeks ago, I used the older letter.

Would it be pointless to send the updated letter to the law schools? Would law schools frown on essentially submitting two letters from the same person (one original, one updated)? I do have letters from other recommenders in my file. My professor did mention that the bulk of the updated letter is the same as the original, excluding the additional paragraphs pertaining to the completion of my most recent advanced degree.

Thanks for the help!

bitterpessimist

Re: Submitting an Updated LOR

Postby bitterpessimist » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:49 pm

If you think the second letter will be stronger, you should update your applications with the new letter. Your goal is to have the stronger application possible, this should be a no brainer.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”