Is anyone applying to...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
clarified_butter

Is anyone applying to...

Postby clarified_butter » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:21 am

Is anyone applying to Case Western? They give their applicants the oppurtunity to interview with a alumni of the school of law.

Does anyone have any information about this? Thanks.

thelawschoolproject

Re: Is anyone applying to...

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm not applying to Case, but I'd suggest doing the interview. There are other schools that offer similar opportunities (Vandy, NU) and it's a good idea to take advantage of them.

Consider finding the Case thread in the AWD forum. There should be other people who have actually interviewed with Case.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:34 pm

I applied last year. If the interview is anything like the admissions interviews they did last year, doing the interview is definitely the right advice. There is more information in last year's admission thread if you feel like reading it. One of the main reasons for the interviews is likely a way to weed out people who aren't that interested in the school. Probably also for them to impress you but introducing you to successful alums.

last year's thread : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=133314

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:37 pm

Depends upon how interested you are in attending Case Western. The interview is worthwhile if you want to attend because Case offers decent scholarships.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:02 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Depends upon how interested you are in attending Case Western. The interview is worthwhile if you want to attend because Case offers decent scholarships.

Offset by their atrociously high tuition. 1/2 scholarship is still only bringing it down to the level of in-state school in Ohio.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:05 pm

Then tell the interviewer that you hope to be considered for a larger scholarship. :D

clarified_butter

Postby clarified_butter » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:38 pm

I will check it out...thank you all for posting!

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:48 pm

I did an interview with a professor last year for admissions purposes. It was pretty easy, and its my understanding that its all but mandatory.

charliep

Postby charliep » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:02 pm

if you don't interview, they supposedly yield-protect those with numbers above their medians. I said yes to an interview on my application, but they have not followed up. Does anyone know how long it takes for the school to schedule an interview?

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:38 pm

I applied due to a fee waiver. I signed up for an interview as well and I haven't heard back. It's a little disheartening because I applied to most schools in mid October and want to know my options by early January. Ah well we'll see what happens.

clarified_butter

Postby clarified_butter » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:38 pm

They say that the interview is "optional"...so in my eyes that means if you want to go there, you better do the interview.

As for how long it takes to get an interview...I don't know...I also agreed to do the interview.

I was actually looking for more insight on this forum about this interview and what they ask, etc. Especially because most other law schools don't interview their candidates.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:56 pm

It came up on my status checker "application is complete pending an optional interview." Also under mailings it stated they mailed me something about an interview. I waited 2 weeks / still didn't get anything, so I e-mailed them about me not getting anything about an interview, I waited 5 days no, response so I called and left a message stating the same..

Couple days later and it now just says "application complete" / the optional interview mailing went away?

clarified_butter

Postby clarified_butter » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Maybe they aren't going to have you interview after all. You will have to let us know what happens.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”