NYU C+F addendum Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pupshaw

Silver

NYU C+F addendum

Post by pupshaw » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi, all,

So NYU's application asks about any offences, not just misdemeanors and felonies. The language seems to include traffic violations, so I am going to disclose them. Here's the problem: I've checked with the DMV's of the two states in which I've held driver's licences, and none of my offences are recent enough to show up on my record. So I don't have exact dates or details. Would something like this be sufficient for the addendum?

"Since getting my driver's licence, I have been cited once for speeding, once for running a red light, and once for failing to stop at a stop sign. None of these violations was recent enough to show up on my current driving record."

Thanks for any input!

RTFM

Bronze

Re: NYU C+F addendum

Post by RTFM » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:16 pm

cerealdan wrote:Hi, all,

So NYU's application asks about any offences, not just misdemeanors and felonies. The language seems to include traffic violations, so I am going to disclose them. Here's the problem: I've checked with the DMV's of the two states in which I've held driver's licences, and none of my offences are recent enough to show up on my record. So I don't have exact dates or details. Would something like this be sufficient for the addendum?

"Since getting my driver's licence, I have been cited once for speeding, once for running a red light, and once for failing to stop at a stop sign. None of these violations was recent enough to show up on my current driving record."

Thanks for any input!
I had a similar issue. My addendum:

In [general date] I received a citation in the state of [state] for driving 75 mph in a 70 mph zone. I paid the $94 ticket.

In [general date] I received one citation for having expired vehicle registration and one citation for having expired insurance in the state of [state]. Both citations were subsequently dismissed.

Edit: I didn't have exact dates, so I put month/year. The second one was more recent, so I remembered around when it happened. The first one I found in my e-mail because I had wrote a friend about it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”