List the academic honors, awards, or other recognitions you?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dkalinow

List the academic honors, awards, or other recognitions you?

Postby dkalinow » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:24 am

Every law school I am applying to contains the below section under Education...

List the academic honors, awards, or other recognitions you have received and explain the reason(s) upon which awards were made.

It is optional, yet I will be submitting a resume along with all of my applications. Under these circumstances is it still necessary to fill out this portion?

Thanks.

BlakcMajikc

Re: List the academic honors, awards, or other recognitions you?

Postby BlakcMajikc » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:36 am

dkalinow wrote:It is optional, yet I will be submitting a resume along with all of my applications. Under these circumstances is it still necessary to fill out this portion?

It's necessary.

dkalinow

Postby dkalinow » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:46 am

BlakcMajikc wrote:
dkalinow wrote:It is optional, yet I will be submitting a resume along with all of my applications. Under these circumstances is it still necessary to fill out this portion?

It's necessary.

Thanks, that is good enough for me.

paul34

Postby paul34 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 am

Last edited by paul34 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aeroneous

Postby Aeroneous » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:02 am

Not trying to steal a thread or anything here, just a quick question...

Would it be appropriate to list academic honors from military training under this heading?

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:55 am

Aeroneous wrote:Not trying to steal a thread or anything here, just a quick question...

Would it be appropriate to list academic honors from military training under this heading?

Any other options or places where those honors could go? I think it's a stretch but depends if they are true academic honors it could work (for example was it during your time at one of the Academies?) On the other hand, I don't think a "parachuting" certificate would go there... I would use common sense.

Aeroneous

Postby Aeroneous » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:51 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:Any other options or places where those honors could go? I think it's a stretch but depends if they are true academic honors it could work (for example was it during your time at one of the Academies?) On the other hand, I don't think a "parachuting" certificate would go there... I would use common sense.

The question was related to Distinguished Graduate/Academic Achievement awards in career field technical training (half a year of electronics, avionics, etc.). These courses actually counted as college credit toward UG, but I see your point. I'm sure there's probably room somewhere else to list this. Thanks.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”