should I apply now???

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
thebilt05
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 10:19 pm

should I apply now???

Postby thebilt05 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:10 am

Hey TLS im new but I was just wondering .... I made a 140 on the OCtober LSAT and I am registered for the December LSAT ... Should I apply now or wait until my new LSAT score comes in

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: should I apply now???

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:17 am

Wait for new LSAT is objectively the correct answer.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: should I apply now???

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:20 am

If this is not a troll attempt: With a 140? God no. Nobody should be applying to law school with a 140. I doubt you'd even be able to get into schools like Cooley.

charliep
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:36 pm

Re: should I apply now???

Postby charliep » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:25 am

i think the person is asking if he or she should send the app in now before getting the december. in that case, i would say apply now, so it's reviewed as soon as u get your new score, assuming your're pt'ing at a much higher score than 140

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: should I apply now???

Postby ThreeRivers » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:35 am

Only re-take the LSAT if you're reasonably expecting a huge jump up from 140

thebilt05
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 10:19 pm

Re: should I apply now???

Postby thebilt05 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:26 pm

i think the person is asking if he or she should send the app in now before getting the december. in that case, i would say apply now, so it's reviewed as soon as u get your new score, assuming your're pt'ing at a much higher score than 140




Im sorry if I wasnt clear ..... This is what I meant ... Is it okay if I apply now but taking the december LSAT

TooOld4This
Posts: 638
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:09 am

Re: should I apply now???

Postby TooOld4This » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:43 pm

With a 140 you should not be retaking the LSAT in December unless you had to excuse yourself from the last half of the exam and didn't realize you could have cancelled your score.

Sit this application cycle out. Do not attempt the LSAT again until you are consistently testing in at least the 160s.

You do not want admin people to see your app with only a 140 on it. By the time you get your app in after you get your December score back there will be few seats and even less money available to you. Applying this cycle will most likely cost you in the quality of the school you can attend and/or the amount of aid you will receive.

Since there is no reason for you to apply this cycle, there is no reason for you to take the December LSAT. Don't rush it. This one exam can literally be worth $100,000.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], YoungSimba and 3 guests