.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Graduating in two years or three? HELP

Postby T00L » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:44 pm

Unless you are in dire financial need, I can't see any reason why you would want to split from undergrad early. There are so many years on the other side that they will all blend together.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Graduating in two years or three? HELP

Postby Take Two » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:44 pm

yeah the money is daunting, It was the factor that pushed me to three years, but college costs a lot for a reason: its awesome!

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Graduating in two years or three? HELP

Postby paratactical » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:53 pm

89vision I bet you're a real blast to spend time with.

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Graduating in two years or three? HELP

Postby 89vision » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:25 pm

paratactical wrote:89vision I bet you're a real blast to spend time with.


My friends seem to think so, considering we go out at least 4 nights a week (drink specials start with $1 Magic Hats and Great Lakes Monday). God forbid I don't think undergrad is best thing ever. It's not. Yes, it's fun, but most people want to grow up and move on. The drinking, drugging, partying, cycle gets old. It's as repetitive as Jersey Shore episodes.

I don't understand why getting bored of undergrad is any indication of whether people enjoy hanging out with me. I don't understand how you can make that assumption, especially when I stated many people love undergrad, and that's fine. My college friends are all ready to move on, get out, and graduate. My friends who never went to college are ready to do something different. That's life. I would hate to be around people who were okay doing the same damn thing all the damn time. Too vanilla for me, but if you like routines, good for you. Do what makes you happy, but don't demean others because they don't agree with your idea of fun/happy/etc; It's kind of sad you need to make a petty comment because someone has a different perspective.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Graduating in two years or three? HELP

Postby 20130312 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:34 pm

89vision wrote:
paratactical wrote:89vision I bet you're a real blast to spend time with.


My friends seem to think so, considering we go out at least 4 nights a week (drink specials start with $1 Magic Hats and Great Lakes Monday). God forbid I don't think undergrad is best thing ever. It's not. Yes, it's fun, but most people want to grow up and move on. The drinking, drugging, partying, cycle gets old. It's as repetitive as Jersey Shore episodes.

I don't understand why getting bored of undergrad is any indication of whether people enjoy hanging out with me. I don't understand how you can make that assumption, especially when I stated many people love undergrad, and that's fine. My college friends are all ready to move on, get out, and graduate. My friends who never went to college are ready to do something different. That's life. I would hate to be around people who were okay doing the same damn thing all the damn time. Too vanilla for me, but if you like routines, good for you. Do what makes you happy, but don't demean others because they don't agree with your idea of fun/happy/etc; It's kind of sad you need to make a petty comment because someone has a different perspective.



:roll:

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Graduating in two years or three? HELP

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:43 pm

89vision also believes that the word "blowhard" is a sexual term. HTH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEsdLNG3u6I

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Graduating in two years or three? HELP

Postby paratactical » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:34 pm

Maybe it has something to do with your insistence that everyone's exerpiences in UG were as "routine" as yours. Or that your perspective on UG seems to say more about you than it does about UG.

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Graduating in two years or three? HELP

Postby chem » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:43 pm

89vision wrote:
paratactical wrote:89vision I bet you're a real blast to spend time with.


My friends seem to think so, considering we go out at least 4 nights a week (drink specials start with $1 Magic Hats and Great Lakes Monday). God forbid I don't think undergrad is best thing ever. It's not. Yes, it's fun, but most people want to grow up and move on. The drinking, drugging, partying, cycle gets old. It's as repetitive as Jersey Shore episodes.

I don't understand why getting bored of undergrad is any indication of whether people enjoy hanging out with me. I don't understand how you can make that assumption, especially when I stated many people love undergrad, and that's fine. My college friends are all ready to move on, get out, and graduate. My friends who never went to college are ready to do something different. That's life. I would hate to be around people who were okay doing the same damn thing all the damn time. Too vanilla for me, but if you like routines, good for you. Do what makes you happy, but don't demean others because they don't agree with your idea of fun/happy/etc; It's kind of sad you need to make a petty comment because someone has a different perspective.


I go out drinking 4 nights a week its a blast, but let me tell you, drinking gets old real fast

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Graduating in two years or three? HELP

Postby 89vision » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:30 pm

chem wrote:
89vision wrote:
paratactical wrote:89vision I bet you're a real blast to spend time with.


My friends seem to think so, considering we go out at least 4 nights a week (drink specials start with $1 Magic Hats and Great Lakes Monday). God forbid I don't think undergrad is best thing ever. It's not. Yes, it's fun, but most people want to grow up and move on. The drinking, drugging, partying, cycle gets old. It's as repetitive as Jersey Shore episodes.

I don't understand why getting bored of undergrad is any indication of whether people enjoy hanging out with me. I don't understand how you can make that assumption, especially when I stated many people love undergrad, and that's fine. My college friends are all ready to move on, get out, and graduate. My friends who never went to college are ready to do something different. That's life. I would hate to be around people who were okay doing the same damn thing all the damn time. Too vanilla for me, but if you like routines, good for you. Do what makes you happy, but don't demean others because they don't agree with your idea of fun/happy/etc; It's kind of sad you need to make a petty comment because someone has a different perspective.


I go out drinking 4 nights a week its a blast, but let me tell you, drinking gets old real fast


When did I say go out drinking 4 nights a week?

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Graduating in two years or three? HELP

Postby 89vision » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:89vision also believes that the word "blowhard" is a sexual term. HTH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEsdLNG3u6I


Or I enjoy getting people to debate meaningless topics and setting people off...which isn't that hard on here...

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Graduating in two years or three? HELP

Postby 89vision » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:37 pm

paratactical wrote:Maybe it has something to do with your insistence that everyone's exerpiences in UG were as "routine" as yours. Or that your perspective on UG seems to say more about you than it does about UG.


When did I say "everyone's experience in UG" is as "routine as" mine? I don't remember writing that...

Maybe it's the school that I attend, but 75%+ of my friends want to get out of here and do something else. Relative to my school, my view of undergrad is typical. Maybe your school is different, which is fine.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Graduating in two years or three? HELP

Postby IAFG » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:40 pm

You have the freedom and free time to do whatever you like. If you spend it drinking and partying, that was your choice.

Once you start working, you have the freedom and free time to pretty much work, commute, sleep, do the laundry & housework.

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Graduating in two years or three? HELP

Postby paratactical » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:40 am

paratactical wrote:89vision I bet you're a real blast to spend time with.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Macallan, Thomas Hagan, ESQ. and 11 guests