Forgot to list high school info on Loyola's application.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
soleilik

Forgot to list high school info on Loyola's application.

Postby soleilik » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:31 am

Hi everyone.

After submitting the Loyola application, I realized that I didn't provide High School information although it was an option in the Education section. Is there anything I could do? I graduated from a foreign high school. Will that possibly make a difference?

Thank you for your help!

Gail

Re: Forgot to list high school info on Loyola's application.

Postby Gail » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:17 am

I didn't list any high school information. Anywhere.

Opie

Postby Opie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:19 am

I would call the school. Simple errors are common and if you address it right away it's usually not a deal-breaker. The Adcomms probably don't even find out if you call the administrative person about something like that and correct it.

Postby 20130312 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:51 am

Doubtful that this matters. But since Loyola is a regional school, if your high school is in the region it could give you a smidgeon of a bump. Just a smidgeon though.

Opie

Postby Opie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:59 am

InGoodFaith wrote:Doubtful that this matters. But since Loyola is a regional school, if your high school is in the region it could give you a smidgeon of a bump. Just a smidgeon though.

Hadn't thought of this. Might help them think that you're serious about the region.

soleilik

Postby soleilik » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Thank you for the replies!! I graduated from High School in Armenia before I moved to the U.S. so i didn't graduate from a regional high school. I am probably going to call them regardless just to be safe!

soleilik

Postby soleilik » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:20 am

Ok so I am beyond upset at myself and very worried right now. While I was filing out the application for Stanford, I realized that for two of my employments, the box which states "This employment was during the academic year" wasn't marked. I freaked out and went and checked on my Loyola application, and it wasn't checked :(( I specifically remember checking them and have no idea how it didn't get saved.
Loyola is my main safety school, so I would really hate for things like these to ruin the overall impression of my application. I am contemplating whether I should call them and notify about the mistakes, or if that will bring unnecessary attention to something that might otherwise not even be noticed. Please, please, please let me know what you think, and review your applications at least 3 times before you submit them (I reviewed it twice, and still made mistakes) :((

Thank you so much!!!

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:31 am

Wait....

You're applying to Stanford and Loyola? What are your numbers?

soleilik

Postby soleilik » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:23 am

4.0 from UCLA/166

I know that my chances for Stanford are not very high, but I am applying regardless :)

Postby 071816 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:28 am

I don't understand why you even bothered applying to Loyola with those numbers.

soleilik

Postby soleilik » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:59 am

Well, my LSAT is borderline for top 20 schools, so I want to be safe. Thanks though, that made me feel better!

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:49 am

soleilik wrote:Ok so I am beyond upset at myself and very worried right now. While I was filing out the application for Stanford, I realized that for two of my employments, the box which states "This employment was during the academic year" wasn't marked. I freaked out and went and checked on my Loyola application, and it wasn't checked :(( I specifically remember checking them and have no idea how it didn't get saved.
Loyola is my main safety school, so I would really hate for things like these to ruin the overall impression of my application. I am contemplating whether I should call them and notify about the mistakes, or if that will bring unnecessary attention to something that might otherwise not even be noticed. Please, please, please let me know what you think, and review your applications at least 3 times before you submit them (I reviewed it twice, and still made mistakes) :((

Thank you so much!!!

I wouldn't worry about it. These are very very small issues. They'll be able to tell that the employment was during the school year from the dates, right? Also, I think this is the first cycle with the flexapp, so I'm sure they get lots of little technical errors like that.

sanjola

Postby sanjola » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:40 pm

chimp wrote:I don't understand why you even bothered applying to Loyola with those numbers.

+1

You are in at UCLA and USC, at the very least.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”