Admissions Question (any help is appreciated)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jport0408

Admissions Question (any help is appreciated)

Postby jport0408 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:19 pm

If I have all of my other materials are ready to be evaluated but I am missing an LSAT score; may I request that a school hold my application for evaluation? Specifically, I would like to know if a school has a February 15th due date, will they hold my application for evaluation until the February score comes in (as long as they have the rest of my file before the deadline) ? Or does the deadline mean that that is the day on which the school must have my file complete with LSAT score? Thanks in advance. Any information would be helpful.

-JP

BlakcMajikc

Re: Admissions Question (any help is appreciated)

Postby BlakcMajikc » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:45 am

jport0408 wrote:If I have all of my other materials are ready to be evaluated but I am missing an LSAT score; may I request that a school hold my application for evaluation? Specifically, I would like to know if a school has a February 15th due date, will they hold my application for evaluation until the February score comes in (as long as they have the rest of my file before the deadline) ? Or does the deadline mean that that is the day on which the school must have my file complete with LSAT score? Thanks in advance. Any information would be helpful.

-JP

If you have no LSAT score, the school will hold your app until it comes. You can submit before you receive the score. If you have a previous LSAT score (and want the school to wait for the retake), then include an addendum with your app to have them hold your app until the second score comes in (but different schools have different policies on holding for a retake, so call each school).

Samara

Re: Admissions Question (any help is appreciated)

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:54 am

jport0408 wrote:If I have all of my other materials are ready to be evaluated but I am missing an LSAT score; may I request that a school hold my application for evaluation? Specifically, I would like to know if a school has a February 15th due date, will they hold my application for evaluation until the February score comes in (as long as they have the rest of my file before the deadline) ? Or does the deadline mean that that is the day on which the school must have my file complete with LSAT score? Thanks in advance. Any information would be helpful.

-JP

The deadline question probably varies by school, so you'll have to look up their specific policy or call and ask. IIRC, Michigan ED requires the app to be complete by the deadline, LSAT score and everything.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”