Upper division courses in UG transcript Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Upper division courses in UG transcript

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:56 am

Yes I did use a search function. Just to get this out of the way.

This is more of a curious question. I know GPA is all it matters. adcoms do look at transcripts though.

I already graduated last year. But I am wondering...how does 39 credits (13 classes) of 300+ level classes (11 300 level, 2 400 level) look in a transcript? is this considered a lot or average?

I know it's a lil irrelevant since overall lsac gpa is all that matters. But I still want to know how this would look to an adcom and if this is considered "rigorous" enough.

please be respectful. thank you.

cinephile

Gold

Re: Upper division courses in UG transcript

Post by cinephile » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:19 am

It might be enough. But if rigor of courses or upper level courses are taken into consideration you'll also be compared against applicants with masters, PhDs, etc. and it'd be difficult to compare across disciplines.

You should be fine, though.

Hopefully2012

Bronze

Post by Hopefully2012 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:44 am

It's probably a non-issue but that might be on the weaker side. There's probably such big differences in how classes are numbered at different schools that law school admissions committees do not really care about this. (They will, however, look at your school's average GPA and use that metric to put your GPA into perspective.)

FWIW, more than half of my units were from classes I took in the 300/400 level because I despised general educations courses (did the bare minimum) and loved taking higher level electives (did as many as I could without breaking the bank).

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:09 am

That probably below average, since even at my super unprestigious ugrad you need more upper division credits than that to graduate. But nobody will care anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”