emailing admissions about admission to other school

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JGK

emailing admissions about admission to other school

Postby JGK » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:51 pm

I just got accepted into a January program and only have a couple weeks to decide if I'll be attending. I also applied to a few other schools that I would still like to consider.

Would it be inappropriate for me to email those other schools notifying them of my acceptance to the other school and asking if they would be able to review my application sooner? I would say that I understand that it is a difficult request and if they were not able to, however if they were to accept me within the next couple weeks I would likely reconsider accepting my offer to the other school.

Please let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Re: emailing admissions about admission to other school

Postby 20130312 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Doesn't hurt to ask. The worst they can do is reject you immediately (but that probably won't happen).

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:00 pm

JGK wrote:I just got accepted into a January program and only have a couple weeks to decide if I'll be attending. I also applied to a few other schools that I would still like to consider.

Would it be inappropriate for me to email those other schools notifying them of my acceptance to the other school and asking if they would be able to review my application sooner? I would say that I understand that it is a difficult request and if they were not able to, however if they were to accept me within the next couple weeks I would likely reconsider accepting my offer to the other school.

Please let me know your thoughts, thanks!

what school? most schools with January admissions suck

JGK

Postby JGK » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:59 pm

The Cardozo January program with a scholarship.

I think I'm going to email them, thanks.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”