Simple LOR question please help!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lilsheeba

Simple LOR question please help!

Postby lilsheeba » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Ok guys. I this is a dumb LOR question but I am so confused and LSAC is not helping me.
Let me get this straight: When I am creating my LOR form, I select "1" letter of recommendation from that writer if she is just writing one recommendation, although it will be for multiple schools. (As opposed to if she were writing one school specific letter and one 'general' letter)
Then, she will submit the ONE letter with the waiver to LSAC and it will be pulled for all schools applied.

I am so confused because my recommender asked for a list of schools I was applying for, which made me wonder if she needed to send 6 letters addressed to the 6 schools all to LSAC. Which would not be correct. Right??

:x

The other reason it started putting me in a panic mode was because I was thinking I'd have to have all schools finalized by the time I created the official request to her. I know my top targets but am still toying with a few. I will be able to add another school and use that letter after I send the request yes?

Thanks in advance to whoever can help me...

Re: Simple LOR question please help!

Postby 20130312 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:33 pm

Your recommender might just be interested in what schools you're applying to. Either that, or she is unaware of the fact that you only need to send an LOR to LSAC nowadays. It used to be that you'd have to mail it to each individual school. Give her the LSAC address or fax number and let her know she only needs to send it to one spot. Also, give her the list anyway, just in case she is curious about you.

lilsheeba

Postby lilsheeba » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:41 pm

You are like an angel. (I was searching for some kind of angel-emoticon but I do not see one haha)

I think she is mostly curious , as she asked for a couple of other extras, but then I began to second guess myself and couldn't find what I needed explicitly through LSAC.

Thanks for the help.

Postby 20130312 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:43 pm

No problem! Try not to stress yourself out over the little things. That's what 1L is for.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”