change major vs. lower gpa AFTER apps are sent in?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sums

change major vs. lower gpa AFTER apps are sent in?

Postby sums » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:33 pm

Hey sexy beasts! Usually I just lurk, but I actually have a q. I've been a bio major most of my undergrad & as I was pre-pharmacy and always wanted to leave the door open to go back to pharmacy if law didn't work out. All of my apps are already sent in, but I'm starting to panic. To keep the bio major, my gpa will definitely drop up to .2 by the time I graduate (I still have to finish organic chem 1&2, physics 1&2 and genetics). I've been considering switching and finishing with an econ degree (need 3 classes to finish it), but I don't want to look bad by switching majors last minute after I apply. Will they care if my gpa drops from 3.55 to 3.35 when they see my final transcripts? Or would they care if they saw that I switched majors after applying? If I do switch, should I notify them or let it slide? I don't want them to accept me and then say just kidding :shock:

emkay625

Re: change major vs. lower gpa AFTER apps are sent in?

Postby emkay625 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:42 pm

I would think they would care much more about the GPA drop than the major change.

If you do change majors, you could just shoot them a quick e-mail. They most likely will not care.

BiglawOrBust

Postby BiglawOrBust » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:07 pm

sums wrote:Hey sexy beasts!

sums

Postby sums » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:28 pm

I was hoping that would spark your interest enough for a response :twisted:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”