Resume Modification

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
vuseldnjs

Resume Modification

Postby vuseldnjs » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi,
I have a question about writing an addendum.

I applied two years ago.
Before applying, I quitted my second school(college) to help my father's work.
However, I didn't include that job in my resume at that time, and instead I included another jobs i was also doing.
Now, the only work I am doing is my father's work.
So, this time I 'have to' include that job in my resume.
Furthermore, my school interruption addendum is about helping my father.
Which means I have to say in my resume, I have been working since I quitted my school.
This is quite a big change in my resume
Do I have to write an addendum to explain that to the schools that I applied before...probably saying that it was my mistake not to include it(of course, indirectly)

Additionally,
Two years ago, I didn't write a school interruption addendum because I thought it was applied only to the school from which I graduated. :cry:
Do I have to write an addendum about that, too, to the schools that applied before??

Plz help me~~
Last edited by vuseldnjs on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

AntipodeanPhil

Re: Resume Modification

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:35 am

I would just make sure that the information you send this time is 100% accurate.

I wouldn't write an addendum to explain the discrepancies - I think it's highly unlikely that a school would closely compare this application to your previous application, and you don't want to draw attention to the fact that you knowingly mis-represented your employment situation.

But you should certainly make sure that everything is completely accurate this time. When you sit the bar, the bar association will receive a copy of your law school application and may check some of that information out. You don't want to run in to problems at that point because of something silly.

vuseldnjs

Postby vuseldnjs » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:41 am

Umm...
Then, when the bar association receives a copy of my law school application for checking, do they receive only the application file that I admitted(the most recent one)? or they receive all of my applications (in the case I applied more than once).

HBK

Postby HBK » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:13 am

No offense, but before you write any addendum or personal statement, I recommend you have it proofread by a native speaker.

/good luck

vuseldnjs

Postby vuseldnjs » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:39 am

HBK wrote:No offense, but before you write any addendum or personal statement, I recommend you have it proofread by a native speaker.

/good luck

Yeah~I will~~Thanks^^

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”