Multiple LSAT scores?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
slaw42

Multiple LSAT scores?

Postby slaw42 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:00 pm

I took the LSAT back in June 2009 completely without prep and scored a 139. Back then however I wasn't seriously considering law as a career path. I have now wandered back onto the law school path and am now worried how that previous score may affect me. I've read that most schools average your LSAT scores. I'm currently scoring in the mid to high 150's on practice tests and planning on taking the LSAT again next February. My goal is to score above 160 but is it worth even taking it again if schools average the scores? That 139 would bring my average down immensely. I was also pretty sick on the day I took the LSAT. I'm also concerned because my LSAC GPA is a 2.8. I've come to terms with fact I"m not getting into a Tier 1 or 2 school but am I completely out of options at this point?

ScrabbleChamp

Re: Multiple LSAT scores?

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:07 pm

slaw42 wrote:I took the LSAT back in June 2009 completely without prep and scored a 139. Back then however I wasn't seriously considering law as a career path. I have now wandered back onto the law school path and am now worried how that previous score may affect me. I've read that most schools average your LSAT scores. I'm currently scoring in the mid to high 150's on practice tests and planning on taking the LSAT again next February. My goal is to score above 160 but is it worth even taking it again if schools average the scores? That 139 would bring my average down immensely. I was also pretty sick on the day I took the LSAT. I'm also concerned because my LSAC GPA is a 2.8. I've come to terms with fact I"m not getting into a Tier 1 or 2 school but am I completely out of options at this point?

The reality is this: The schools you are going to be able to get into won't care that you have multiple LSAT scores and will only take the highest score you have. Whether you should go to any of those schools, though, is a completely different topic.

LSAT Blog

Re: Multiple LSAT scores?

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:36 am

There's a great TLS article about retaking and which schools average multiple scores.

Just scroll down on this page:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/retaking-the-lsat.html

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”