Law School Numbers - Lower Stats for Acceptances?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawschool?s

Law School Numbers - Lower Stats for Acceptances?

Postby lawschool?s » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:42 pm

I was just looking at law school numbers and was surprised about some of the people getting in. It is making me hesitate whether I should ED to UCLA with my 167/3.6 or if I should apply around and see what I can pull in.

What do you guys think?

Specifically Cornell and UCLA, although there is not a lot of info I have to decide tonight.

Thanks.

I just don't want to regret my decision if I got into UCLA not knowing if I could get into T-14 range.

msblaw89

Re: Law School Numbers - Lower Stats for Acceptances?

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Well Cornell doesn't have ED, only EA which has passed. But if you are asking about your chances for Cornell, then it's possible. I saw some TLSers get accepted this cycle with your stats, however they applied in September. Now that is is November I wouldn't feel 100% comfortable saying that you will get in with your stats....def a chance at the very least. UCLA's median is 168 and 3.78. Given that you are below both of those, I think you would have to ED at this point to get accepted, assuming you are out of state.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:04 pm

lawschool?s wrote:I just don't want to regret my decision if I got into UCLA not knowing if I could get into T-14 range.

If you're really that worried don't ED and just see how your cycle goes. If it sucks you can always ED next year or retake.

lawschool?s

Postby lawschool?s » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:29 am

I am going crazy because I would take Cornell over UCLA, but I don't know if I can get into any schools better than the two and I can't decide what to do.

Should I commit and then I won't find out about scholarships at other schools or if I got into something better if I got accepted.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:43 am

3.6 is kind of low for UCLA. I don't know that you would get in even with ED. It does seem like they're being more aggressive this year though.

TMC116

Postby TMC116 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:31 am

Cornell is unlikely. EA deadline is passed, your a point below their LSAT median and 0.1 below their GPA median. You'll get wait listed.

Go Ed to UCLA. You have an outside shot there (again, below both medians)

In all likelihood the only T20 shot you have is GW or WUSL

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”