UC Hastings application confirmation email

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mbkc03

UC Hastings application confirmation email

Postby mbkc03 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:49 pm

I submitted in my application on the 1st of Nov through LSAC and still haven't received an email from UC Hasting letting me know that they got it. USF, UC Davis, and SCU have all sent me email confirmations. Anyone else having this problem?
Last edited by mbkc03 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lrslayer

Re: UC Hastings application confirmation email

Postby lrslayer » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:51 pm

Just a head up, i submitted earlier so i got my complete message already, but i got a message from them also saying they will not be in for a few weeks as they are doing recruiting.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:57 pm

I submitted around the same time and haven't heard back from them yet.

ashleyrenee

Postby ashleyrenee » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:01 pm

I submitted on 11/8 and received a confirmation e-mail on 11/9. I was at the San Fran law fair this weekend and talked to one of the Admissions guys and he said they have been away recruiting and will start looking at apps next week (I believe). Have you checked the LSAC website to make sure your application was complete - are you waiting on any LOR's or transcript(s)??

mbkc03

Postby mbkc03 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:12 pm

ashleyrenee wrote:I submitted on 11/8 and received a confirmation e-mail on 11/9. I was at the San Fran law fair this weekend and talked to one of the Admissions guys and he said they have been away recruiting and will start looking at apps next week (I believe). Have you checked the LSAC website to make sure your application was complete - are you waiting on any LOR's or transcript(s)??

my app is 100% complete. was your confirmation email from LSAC or Hastings?

ashleyrenee

Postby ashleyrenee » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:09 pm

mbkc03 wrote:
ashleyrenee wrote:I submitted on 11/8 and received a confirmation e-mail on 11/9. I was at the San Fran law fair this weekend and talked to one of the Admissions guys and he said they have been away recruiting and will start looking at apps next week (I believe). Have you checked the LSAC website to make sure your application was complete - are you waiting on any LOR's or transcript(s)??

my app is 100% complete. was your confirmation email from LSAC or Hastings?

This is what it said - it was from Hastings

admiss@uchastings.edu admiss@uchastings.edu
Nov 9 (5 days ago)

to me
Dear Ashley:

This email acknowledges receipt of your application to the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. We're delighted that you have chosen to apply via the Hastings Early Commitment Option (ECO). Your application file is complete and ready to be reviewed.

Since the Admissions staff will be on the road recruiting throughout the fall, we will begin our application review on or around November 15. We expect to have our ECO decisions made and mailed no later than December 15. In the meantime, we kindly ask for your patience regarding the status of your application. Inquiries about your application status will not hasten the admissions decision, but please feel free to inquire about any other matters that are on your mind.

The Office of Admissions will use e-mail as the primary method of communicating with you. Please be sure your e-mail account is set to receive e-mail from uchastings.edu.

Thank you for applying to UC Hastings. We look forward to reviewing your credentials.

All the best,

Greg Canada
Assistant Dean of Admissions

sfamor

Postby sfamor » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 pm

I got a complete e-mail a couple days after I applied, but no status checker was included.

ashleyrenee

Postby ashleyrenee » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:31 pm

sfamor wrote:I got a complete e-mail a couple days after I applied, but no status checker was included.

correct - Hasting's doesn't have a status checker...bummer!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”