How important is applying early? (I'm freaking out)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CattyPake

How important is applying early? (I'm freaking out)

Postby CattyPake » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:25 pm

My plan originally was to apply by the beginning of Nov. I have one lingering LOR that I need before my apps are complete. Prof. said he sent the letter in the last week of Oct. and I asked him to fax a copy to LSAC on Nov. 7th since the first letter still wasn't processed.

Just found out today that LSAC received the fax on Friday and decided it was unreadable so they sent it back. I am going to my prof.'s office tomorrow to get another copy of the letter (hopefully he won't be home sick that day or something) and then do 2-day mailing with a tracking number with UPS.

After that, I'm at the mercy of LSAC processing so my apps might not be completed until early in Dec. I feel so defeated right now, I asked my prof. for a rec in August and I will definitely miss Cornell's early action deadline now.

law chihuahua

Re: How important is applying early? (I'm freaking out)

Postby law chihuahua » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:33 pm

CattyPake, I'm really sorry but I think Cornell's early action deadline already passed. I sent mine in at the last minute, too. If you look at the Cornell Waiting thread, it says Nov. 1. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=162937
:(

CattyPake

Postby CattyPake » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Yeah I got my app in by then but the deadline for all materials (like transcripts, etc.) is Nov.15th

law chihuahua

Postby law chihuahua » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Ah ic ic. That's good.
Honestly, I think you'll be alright. Unless you're applying to super-reaches, early Dec. (which is worst case situation; it may be processed earlier) is not THAT bad. Anecdotal evidence - I was waitlisted last cycle at a school w/ LSAT 7 pts below median and I applied in Feb. If you're a pretty competitive candidate, I don't think it will hurt you too bad. Besides, you did the best you could and it wasn't your fault anyway. No use stressing/freaking out. Good luck!

89vision

Postby 89vision » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:07 pm

I hear a lot of schools don't look at the majority of the applications until the new year. That's just what my adviser's said.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”