Advice for Improving Application

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Aeroneous

Advice for Improving Application

Postby Aeroneous » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:07 am

Hello all,

I apologize if this post is in the wrong forum. It seemed like it would be somewhere between this forum and the "What are my chances?" forum. I've been reading TLS for quite a while now, spoken with a few lawyers, read quite a bit of firsthand literature, and after a lot of thought I have decided that law school is my goal.

I'm an Active Duty Air Force NCO working as an Avionics Instructor, and in my free time I work as an Adjunct Instructor teaching IT courses at a local community college. My undergraduate degree is in Aeronautical Science (Summa Cum Laude, but ~3.4 LSDAS), and I'm just finishing my first year in an MBA program through Oklahoma State University. I have about 4 years left on my current enlistment, and will be 29 when that is complete. I'm a pretty good test taker, and plan on spending quite a bit of time after my MBA preparing for the LSAT.

I know some softs are good and others don't matter much, so what I'm really curious about is whether or not there's anything I can do over the next 4 years that will make me a better candidate for admission to a T1 (not necessarily T14) law school? I'm a little limited due to my enlistment, but are there any academic/employment/extracurricular activities I can participate in which will help me improve my chances? The one benefit I do have is time, so I would like to invest that as best as I possibly can.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”