UCLA Early Decision - late LORs/transcript?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
aliceydu

UCLA Early Decision - late LORs/transcript?

Postby aliceydu » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:23 am

UCLA's early decision is due on 11/15 (Tuesday). I have my application ready, but I don't know if my transcript and LORs can get there on time. When they say my application must be submitted before the 15th... do they mean they need EVERYTHING? Is it okay if my LORs and transcript gets there after I submit my application?

Thanks~

aliceydu

Re: UCLA Early Decision - late LORs/transcript?

Postby aliceydu » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:27 am

And when I order a transcript from my school to LSAC, I only need to do it once? After that, LSAC will send a copy to all the law schools I apply to (like the LORs)?

DonnaDraper

Postby DonnaDraper » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:43 am

I think that the date of submission is the date that you have to personally submit your portion of the application (ps, resume, answered questions, etc). The date of COMPLETION is the date at which your file must be complete with your transcript, LOR, ED agreement and whatnot. Usually the required date of completion is later than the required date of submission.

UCLA says: "If you are applying to the Binding Early Decision Program, application materials must be received no later than November 15, 2011." To me, this sounds like you have to be complete by November 15th. I would call UCLA on Monday and ask to make sure.

And yea, you only need to submit your transcript once and it is automatically sent to all of your schools. Same with LORs, altho don't forget to assign them!

aliceydu

Postby aliceydu » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:08 am

DonnaDraper wrote:I think that the date of submission is the date that you have to personally submit your portion of the application (ps, resume, answered questions, etc). The date of COMPLETION is the date at which your file must be complete with your transcript, LOR, ED agreement and whatnot. Usually the required date of completion is later than the required date of submission.

UCLA says: "If you are applying to the Binding Early Decision Program, application materials must be received no later than November 15, 2011." To me, this sounds like you have to be complete by November 15th. I would call UCLA on Monday and ask to make sure.

And yea, you only need to submit your transcript once and it is automatically sent to all of your schools. Same with LORs, altho don't forget to assign them!

Thanks, I'll call them on Monday to be sure.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”