answered Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawschool89

New

answered

Post by lawschool89 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:13 pm

Last edited by lawschool89 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

albanach

Gold

Re: EDing vs. improving my PS?

Post by albanach » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:20 pm

lawschool89 wrote:Do you guys think it would be better to apply ED with a decent PS, or to wait for RD with a stronger PS?

I am trying to apply to Penn for ED but my personal statement definitely needs some work still. Although I know submitting a less than perfect PS is definitely not ideal, I wanted to try and get a better idea of their relative advantages. I have a 3.66/171 so I'm right on the edge, so I wanted to see which one would be likely to boost admission chances more. Thanks!
Where to? Will you truly be happy paying sticker?

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Re: EDing vs. improving my PS?

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:23 pm

lawschool89 wrote:Do you guys think it would be better to apply ED with a decent PS, or to wait for RD with a stronger PS?

I am trying to apply to Penn for ED but my personal statement definitely needs some work still. Although I know submitting a less than perfect PS is definitely not ideal, I wanted to try and get a better idea of their relative advantages. I have a 3.66/171 so I'm right on the edge, so I wanted to see which one would be likely to boost admission chances more. Thanks!
There is your answer. In most cases, you can apply with a 4.0/180 and still not be admitted because your p/s is garbage. Since your numbers aren't 4.0/180, I'd err on the side of caution and ensure you submit the best application you can. As many PS as admissions personnel read, I'm sure they can tell when a PS has been thrown together. Complete your PS, make it great, then apply.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”