cannot upload .PDF to LSAC?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sangr
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:45 pm

cannot upload .PDF to LSAC?

Postby sangr » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:36 pm

hey guys so im trying to upload a domicile (residency) form up to LSAC but it says i cant upload the given type.

however what they do is provide us with a domicile form (which is pdf in the first place) and want us to upload that.

so did anyone run into this issue or know how to solve it?

thanks so much

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: cannot upload .PDF to LSAC?

Postby 03121202698008 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Open PDF, save as image, insert into word doc. May not try but worth a shot.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: cannot upload .PDF to LSAC?

Postby emkay625 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:48 pm

blowhard wrote:Open PDF, save as image, insert into word doc. May not try but worth a shot.


This is what I did with indiana and it worked.

dreamflower
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Re: cannot upload .PDF to LSAC?

Postby dreamflower » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:12 pm

emkay625 wrote:
blowhard wrote:Open PDF, save as image, insert into word doc. May not try but worth a shot.


This is what I did with indiana and it worked.


This is what I am trying to do right now for Indiana. I have the image saved in a word doc. However, every time I go to upload it, it freezes and I have to restart my browser. However, all other uploads on applications are working fine. I don't know what it is!

User avatar
sach1282
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:50 pm

Re: cannot upload .PDF to LSAC?

Postby sach1282 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Try a new browser, I.E., Firefox, Chrome, whatever.

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: cannot upload .PDF to LSAC?

Postby Gail » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:31 pm

What I did for Indiana was download the PDF, transfer it to OneNote, then copy and paste as an image to Word, then download. Worked well, but I might have gone about it in a roundabout way. Just a suggestion.

dreamflower
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Re: cannot upload .PDF to LSAC?

Postby dreamflower » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:36 pm

sach1282 wrote:Try a new browser, I.E., Firefox, Chrome, whatever.


I just tried Safari (been using Chrome) and still not working! I even tried saving it in .RTF and it doesn't work. I am getting so annoyed!

sangr
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: cannot upload .PDF to LSAC?

Postby sangr » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:06 am

are u guys all using adobe professional tho? because i dont think u can save it as anything else with the free adobe?

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: cannot upload .PDF to LSAC?

Postby 03121202698008 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:09 am

Nope. That functionality is built into a Mac. Try printing and scanning it into a tiff or jpg. You could also try a screen shot of it up and edit it.

sangr
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: cannot upload .PDF to LSAC?

Postby sangr » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:44 am

thanks guys, so if i somehow get access to an adobe professional computer. what is the best course of action to take? is there autoatmically a convert to word option? or is the save as image option the next best thing?

thank you!

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: cannot upload .PDF to LSAC?

Postby 03121202698008 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:25 am

sangr wrote:thanks guys, so if i somehow get access to an adobe professional computer. what is the best course of action to take? is there autoatmically a convert to word option? or is the save as image option the next best thing?

thank you!


I don't think you need Pro. Try looking through the tools available. You need to be able to select a rectangular portion of the document. then Copy/paste.

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: cannot upload .PDF to LSAC?

Postby top30man » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:33 am

blowhard wrote:
sangr wrote:thanks guys, so if i somehow get access to an adobe professional computer. what is the best course of action to take? is there autoatmically a convert to word option? or is the save as image option the next best thing?

thank you!


I don't think you need Pro. Try looking through the tools available. You need to be able to select a rectangular portion of the document. then Copy/paste.

If not , just use print screen to take a screenshot and paste it into word.

User avatar
un-vordox
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: cannot upload .PDF to LSAC?

Postby un-vordox » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Pro has a convert to Word doc option. Just find a computer with it. Super easy.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bellaboo, mjb447, Rich29, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests