Addendums Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GatorCTS

Bronze

Addendums

Post by GatorCTS » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:02 pm

I have been told to attach an addendum if you have any uncharacteristic drops in your GPA so that you can explain what happened during the semester(s) in which your GPA was not what it normally had been. Is this a good idea? Does it hurt you when you apply or is it a good thing to add to your application so that the admissions offices don't think that you were just screwing around and not doing what you were supposed?

ahduth

Gold

Re: Addendums

Post by ahduth » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Numbers plox.

GatorCTS

Bronze

Post by GatorCTS » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:05 pm

ahduth wrote:Numbers plox.
My gpa was generally in the 3.2-3.5 per semester range but two semesters in a row my gpa dropped to 2.75 and then 2.66

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:15 pm

GatorCTS wrote:
My gpa was generally in the 3.2-3.5 per semester range but two semesters in a row my gpa dropped to 2.75 and then 2.66
I'd definitely substantiate it to schools in some fashion. It won't rescue your reported UGPA, but if you're a borderline in March or April or later, they'll want to know why it dropped so far.

GatorCTS

Bronze

Post by GatorCTS » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:17 pm

ahduth wrote:
GatorCTS wrote:
I'd definitely substantiate it to schools in some fashion. It won't rescue your reported UGPA, but if you're a borderline in March or April or later, they'll want to know why it dropped so far.
Thats what I figured. And how long should an addendum be? About a paragraph?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Yeah, one or two max. Law school is about getting straight to the point and not bullshitting around. If you don't have a good reason... don't belabor that point. They've read a million of these apps, they know fluff when they see it. They'll spend a total of 90 seconds reading your app anyhow - I'd make it good.

Someone who did a UGPA addendum might be better suited to comment however.

GatorCTS

Bronze

Post by GatorCTS » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:56 pm

Thanks for the help. My reason isn't fluff so I figure it will help a little bit with my app and consideration. And I figured it should be fairly short and was thinking about just a paragraph. Thanks again man.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”