Graduating late/dropping a second major, will either matter?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
westinghouse60

Graduating late/dropping a second major, will either matter?

Postby westinghouse60 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:35 am

I declared as a double major last spring (added Econ to my Poli Sci degree) thinking I could still graduate on time. I've taken almost all the required classes for the major but have to take 12 hours of foreign language to graduate with the degree. I just recently realized I won't be able to graduate in the Spring of 2011 with both degrees because the class I need is only offered in the fall and summer.

So I have 2 options: drop the Econ degree, or take classes for all of summer 2012 (I would still be able to enroll in law school during the fall).

I know double majoring doesn't help much (if any) with admissions, but could I get in trouble with schools I've applied to already since it says on my transcript/resume that I'm a double major, and I decide to drop a major instead?

Also, same thing if I decide to instead finish the degree over the summer- will they care that I said I was graduating in spring 2011 but don't actually get done with class until july/august?

bartleby

Re: Graduating late/dropping a second major, will either matter?

Postby bartleby » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:01 am

won't matter

top30man

Re: Graduating late/dropping a second major, will either matter?

Postby top30man » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:17 am

bartleby wrote:won't matter

Pick which you'd prefer. School won't care.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”