Retaking LSAT in Dec affecting this cycle?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
tryinrealhard
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:03 pm

Retaking LSAT in Dec affecting this cycle?

Postby tryinrealhard » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:38 pm

173 tied for my lowest practice test score, so shortly after taking the last LSAT I registered for the December exam.

I'm now considering canceling the registration. I'm applying to a bunch of T40 and would be happy with any one of them. I was planning on applying this week and writing to each school to consider my application as full without the scheduled Dec LSAT. If I get a better score (as I expect to) I figured it would help me off a wait list or two.

But now I'm questioning how much a few points will really help. Furthermore, I'm afraid some schools may delay their decision until the Dec score comes in, negatively affecting my chances of acceptance. And there of course is the always present risk of a lower score and then the general attack on quality of life that is the preparation for another LSAT.

I'm having trouble balancing the benefits of a possibly higher score helping me off wait lists with the detriments of applying with what looks like an incomplete application. What would you do in this situation?
Last edited by tryinrealhard on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Retaking LSAT in Dec affecting this cycle?

Postby Kabuo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:40 pm

tryinrealhard wrote:2.78/173

173 tied for my lowest practice test score, so shortly after taking the last LSAT I registered for the December exam.

I'm now considering canceling the registration. I'm applying to a bunch of T40 and would be happy with any one of them. I was planning on applying this week and writing to each school to consider my application as full without the scheduled Dec LSAT. If I get a better score (as I expect to) I figured it would help me off a wait list or two.

But now I'm questioning how much a few points will really help. Furthermore, I'm afraid some schools may delay their decision until the Dec score comes in, negatively affecting my chances of acceptance. And there of course is the always present risk of a lower score and then the general attack on quality of life that is the preparation for another LSAT.

I'm having trouble balancing the benefits of a possibly higher score helping me off wait lists with the detriments of applying with what looks like an incomplete application. What would you do in this situation?


Cancel. A higher score does absolutely nothing for you. You will get WUSTL with money, and you're not going higher than that without NU and major WE anyway.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests