Joint LOR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
moneybagsphd

Joint LOR

Postby moneybagsphd » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:24 pm

I decided to get a joint LOR. My section TA and the professor of the course will be co-signing the LOR, but I'm not sure how to add two recommenders on LSAC. Does anyone know the protocol? Should I add them as separate recommenders or as a single recommender? I'm leaning towards the second option, since LSAC seems to take each recommender to = 1 letter...

yuzu

Re: Joint LOR

Postby yuzu » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Yes, I'd pick one of the names and associate the letter with that person. Probably the TA if he/she worked with you most closely.

ashleyrenee

Postby ashleyrenee » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:20 pm

I called LSAC and asked if two people could sign one letter and they said NO it wouldn't be counted - you may want to have just one person sign it so you make sure it counts...

moneybagsphd

Postby moneybagsphd » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:41 pm

ashleyrenee wrote:I called LSAC and asked if two people could sign one letter and they said NO it wouldn't be counted - you may want to have just one person sign it so you make sure it counts...

Weird. I just called, and they said I would need 2 forms for the letter.

ashleyrenee

Postby ashleyrenee » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:55 pm

moneybagsphd wrote:
ashleyrenee wrote:I called LSAC and asked if two people could sign one letter and they said NO it wouldn't be counted - you may want to have just one person sign it so you make sure it counts...

Weird. I just called, and they said I would need 2 forms for the letter.

Weird really? So, two LOR forms and then just one actual LOR? I was asking if I could have two people sign ONE actual LOR and they said no it would be returned to sender.

Maybe that would change if you have two of the LOR forms though, I'm not sure...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”