C&F/ Addenda question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Diiizzzzoooo

Bronze

C&F/ Addenda question

Post by Diiizzzzoooo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:54 pm

One of the questions is the character and fitness section of most apps reads "Have your undergraduate studies been interrupted for one term or more?"

In my case, I had a year where I registered for classes and ultimately withdrew all of them because of an increased load at work, so I did not get a grade for an entire academic year.

Do I answer that question yes, or do I just submit an addendum explaining that year? Or both?

FryBreadPower

Silver

Re: C&F/ Addenda question

Post by FryBreadPower » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:54 pm

Both.

Diiizzzzoooo

Bronze

Post by Diiizzzzoooo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:06 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:Both.

Yeah but the C&F require explanation for any yes answer. You're telling me to submit the addendum twice?

FryBreadPower

Silver

Post by FryBreadPower » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:38 am

Diiizzzzoooo wrote:

Yeah but the C&F require explanation for any yes answer. You're telling me to submit the addendum twice?
Huh? Your addendum which explains that year will effectively explain why you answered "Yes" for the C+F question. One addendum; not sure why you would submit it twice.

Diiizzzzoooo

Bronze

Post by Diiizzzzoooo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:47 am

FryBreadPower wrote:
Diiizzzzoooo wrote:

Huh? Your addendum which explains that year will effectively explain why you answered "Yes" for the C+F question. One addendum; not sure why you would submit it twice.

Because the law schools I am applying to have separate attachments for answering yes to a C&F question

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:52 am

Diiizzzzoooo

Bronze

Post by Diiizzzzoooo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:21 am

MrKappus wrote:Image

Allow me to make this perfectly clear, considering your eagerness to make fun instead of paying attention.

1) C&F asks if there has been a gap in my education. A "yes" requires that I include a statement under the C&F category of attachments.

2) Addendum are used to explain blemishes on application, including gaps in education.

3) My original question was "Do I answer it yes?" OR submit an addendum, OR both.

4) I could answer it "no", because it isn't really a gap per se, just withdrawls which could be explained by an addendum.

5) I could answer yes and submit the C&F explanation and be done.

The whole point here is do I acknowledge it as a gap under C&F, which I'd rather not, or do I merely add an explanation about why I withdrew. Someone above said both, which is why I asked about submitting two explanations. If you can't understand this now, Then I'm just sorry, buddy.

FryBreadPower

Silver

Post by FryBreadPower » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:49 am

Diiizzzzoooo wrote:

Allow me to make this perfectly clear, considering your eagerness to make fun instead of paying attention.

1) C&F asks if there has been a gap in my education. A "yes" requires that I include a statement under the C&F category of attachments.

2) Addendum are used to explain blemishes on application, including gaps in education.

3) My original question was "Do I answer it yes?" OR submit an addendum, OR both.

4) I could answer it "no", because it isn't really a gap per se, just withdrawls which could be explained by an addendum.

The whole point here is do I acknowledge it as a gap under C&F, which I'd rather not, or do I merely add an explanation about why I withdrew. Someone above said both, which is why I asked about submitting two explanations. If you can't understand this now, Then I'm just sorry, buddy.

Ahhhhhh...see now that makes a lot more sense. In my opinion I don't think it makes a huge difference either way because they both amount to the same thing. If you don't mark "Yes" I think a first glance at your transcript may slow down the review of your application anyways. So you probably don't stand to gain a whole lot by not marking "Yes" in the C+F section.

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:22 am

Diiizzzzoooo wrote:

OP: your cluelessness is a gift that keeps on giving. Thank you. Thank you a million times.

bostonlawchick

Bronze

Post by bostonlawchick » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:32 am

Diiizzzzoooo wrote:One of the questions is the character and fitness section of most apps reads "Have your undergraduate studies been interrupted for one term or more?"

In my case, I had a year where I registered for classes and ultimately withdrew all of them because of an increased load at work, so I did not get a grade for an entire academic year.

Do I answer that question yes, or do I just submit an addendum explaining that year? Or both?
If I am reading this correctly, your undergraduate studies were interrupted for one term or more so you have to answer yes whether you want to or not. I had the same thing happen to me, I marked yes and rolled the explanation into my GPA addendum. No big deal, I don't think it really hurt me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”