C&F Question: Involved in "incident" no actual violation.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
elizcbeth

C&F Question: Involved in "incident" no actual violation.

Postby elizcbeth » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi,

So in my record at my UG I was involved in an "incident" where I was found "not responsible" for a violation of alcohol policies, and there were no disciplinary actions taken. Basically, from what I remember (4 years ago, blergh), I was in a room where I think maybe one or two people were underage drinking, but since the room hadn't been cleaned, there were a lot of half full beer bottles lying around. I wasn't drinking and, technically, I was in a different room of the suite. This seems really silly to disclose, but it exists with minimal research. On top of that, I will be writing a diversity statement, GPA addendum AND a LSAT addendum. Do I really need to disclose this?

THANKS!

JamMasterJ

Re: C&F Question: Involved in "incident" no actual violation.

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:40 pm

elizcbeth wrote:Hi,

So in my record at my UG I was involved in an "incident" where I was found "not responsible" for a violation of alcohol policies, and there were no disciplinary actions taken. Basically, from what I remember (4 years ago, blergh), I was in a room where I think maybe one or two people were underage drinking, but since the room hadn't been cleaned, there were a lot of half full beer bottles lying around. I wasn't drinking and, technically, I was in a different room of the suite. This seems really silly to disclose, but it exists with minimal research. On top of that, I will be writing a diversity statement, GPA addendum AND a LSAT addendum. Do I really need to disclose this?

THANKS!

If your name is attached to the report, I would disclose to be safe, but you may not be obligated per se, depending on the language in each individual school's application

elizcbeth

Postby elizcbeth » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:46 pm

I mean, I know that there's no harm in disclosing it, but I'm already writing so many addendums and such, and nothing even happened. I was never disciplined exactly, unless having it on my record is a disciplinary action :?

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:49 pm

elizcbeth wrote:I mean, I know that there's no harm in disclosing it, but I'm already writing so many addendums and such, and nothing even happened. I was never disciplined exactly, unless having it on my record is a disciplinary action :?

You only need to disclose if the c&f question asks you to. If if asks: "were you ever charged or investigated" or something similar to that, it would be better to disclose.

On the other hand, if it says something like: "were you ever found guilty of or disciplined for" then you do not need to disclose.

Nobody is going to care about this incident though, just disclose it if you're asked to.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”