Question about Conduct Code Addendum and Lessons Learned

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dream Machine

Question about Conduct Code Addendum and Lessons Learned

Postby Dream Machine » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:57 pm

Last edited by Dream Machine on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

89vision

Re: Question about Conduct Code Addendum and Lessons Learned

Postby 89vision » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:53 pm

My adviser said my C&F issues wouldn't impact admissions decisions, and I had 1 drug and 1 alcohol offense, both resulting in rehab. I doubt you will have an issue, I don't think it is worth worrying about. A lot of the applications ask if you've been disciplined. You weren't, so I would imagine you would answer no to those questions.

NiccoloA

Re: Question about Conduct Code Addendum and Lessons Learned

Postby NiccoloA » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Dream Machine wrote:My freshman year, my roommate was caught with booze in the dorms. I wasn't present and didn't take part, but we were both charged with underage possession of alcohol in student housing because we shared the dorm. I appealed the charge and my roommate told Judicial Affairs that I was not involved in the incident in any capacity. I was found to be not responsible and I was fully acquitted. I have not had an incident since. The records pertaining to the incident have since been destroyed. Obviously I am still going to have to disclose this, but do I have to mention any lessons I learned? I mean, I literally did nothing wrong besides get assigned randomly to a selfish f*ck of a roommate.

Ugh. You're lucky. The same thing happened to me, the Housing Director wasn't buying it.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Just disclose and forget until C&F 2.0.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”