Finally got my CAS evaluation.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rachelwang712

Finally got my CAS evaluation.

Postby rachelwang712 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:53 am

Got "superior" for GPA of both my undergrad institutions. a huge relief...

lospants

Re: Finally got my CAS evaluation.

Postby lospants » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Can I ask you who you asked to evaluate you? Was the process smooth?

AntipodeanPhil

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:46 pm

lospants wrote:Can I ask you who you asked to evaluate you? Was the process smooth?

She's an international student. International students aren't assigned a GPA by LSAC; instead, LSAC sends their transcripts to AACRAO, where they are "evaluated" and assigned a rating.

So, to answer your questions: AACRAO did the evaluation, and yes, it was smooth - in the sense that once you send the transcripts to LSAC everything else is taken care of.

lospants

Postby lospants » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:36 am

Ah, okay thanks! I was thinking about the other evaluation, since there's not much information on it and it doesn't seem like many people are using it.

Congrats to OP! Glad to hear that everything went well

AntipodeanPhil

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:54 am

lospants wrote:Ah, okay thanks! I was thinking about the other evaluation, since there's not much information on it and it doesn't seem like many people are using it.

Congrats to OP! Glad to hear that everything went well

Oh - that makes sense. I was worried you were being facetious and that I'd missed the point.

magictheatre

Postby magictheatre » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:27 am

I'm wondering how does the "superior" grading get evaluated by law schools say in comparison to US gpa's? Will the "superior" be inferior to actual scores or gpa.

How do I factor a graded gpa and LSAT to determine which law schools to apply to???

Any comments would be helpful here...

AntipodeanPhil

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:34 am

magictheatre wrote:I'm wondering how does the "superior" grading get evaluated by law schools say in comparison to US gpa's? Will the "superior" be inferior to actual scores or gpa.

How do I factor a graded gpa and LSAT to determine which law schools to apply to???

Any comments would be helpful here...

It's probably not as helpful as a significantly above median gpa, but it won't hold you back.

For internationals, LSAT scores are especially important.

Apply to all of the schools with LSAT medians near your score; apply to a few schools with LSAT medians above your score if you have good softs and/or have the cash; apply to two or three schools with LSAT medians below your score to be safe.

magictheatre

Postby magictheatre » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:29 am

Thanx AntipodeanPhil thats what my original thought process was... the LSAT will be the most decisive factor for me followed closely with my softs like background and work-ex.

The reason I got confused is on checking websites like law school number and sundry I realised that the gpa is a very intergral part of the process. A high gpa and a median LSAT is acceptable to many T14 colleges.

Having to reply only on the LSAT makes it much harder for me to differentiate between aspire schools and reach schools.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”