Sending after submitting count against me?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gaud

Sending after submitting count against me?

Postby gaud » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:13 pm

if i send in supplemental materials after sending in the application will that count against me/look bad?

ScrabbleChamp

Re: Sending after submitting count against me?

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:16 pm

gaud wrote:if i send in supplemental materials after sending in the application will that count against me/look bad?

It depends on what the supplemental materials are. If, for instance, it is an "optional" supplemental essay asked for on the application, I think it may look bad in that you didn't just do it and submit it all together. However, if it is something that isn't requested like a "Why" essay, I don't think it can hurt. Just be careful with which school it is... a couple of schools I've applied to sent me an email when my apps were complete explicitly asking not to send in any additional information unless specifically requested.

gaud

Postby gaud » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:19 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
gaud wrote:if i send in supplemental materials after sending in the application will that count against me/look bad?

It depends on what the supplemental materials are. If, for instance, it is an "optional" supplemental essay asked for on the application, I think it may look bad in that you didn't just do it and submit it all together. However, if it is something that isn't requested like a "Why" essay, I don't think it can hurt. Just be careful with which school it is... a couple of schools I've applied to sent me an email when my apps were complete explicitly asking not to send in any additional information unless specifically requested.

the school is Berkeley, kinda funny since you just wished me luck lol. originally i didn't realize i could send my diversity statement to them so i didn't. in their email that gave me my status checker info, it says i can send additional material if i want... but i would rather not if there is any chance it may count against me. i know the school is unpredictable so I am trying to avoid throwing away any chance i may have

anyone have insight or input?

lrslayer

Postby lrslayer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:27 pm

I sent them an email asking to include my why berkeley essay on a saturday afternoon and by that evening they responded thanking me for the additional essay and telling me it was now part of my file. so, no, i don't think it hurts. unless, like scrabble champ said, its for a school that specifically says not to send more info. good luck!

gaud

Postby gaud » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:33 pm

lrslayer wrote:I sent them an email asking to include my why berkeley essay on a saturday afternoon and by that evening they responded thanking me for the additional essay and telling me it was now part of my file. so, no, i don't think it hurts. unless, like scrabble champ said, its for a school that specifically says not to send more info. good luck!

good to know, i sent it. Thank you and good luck to you!!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”