Old LSAT Score and Nov. Application Submissions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Bgard008

Old LSAT Score and Nov. Application Submissions

Postby Bgard008 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:52 pm

Hello,
Quick Question about my old LSAT score and the admissions process. I have already taken the test once, but did not receive a competitive score. Since I plan on sending out my applications now (November) for the 2012 cycle and retake the LSAT in December, will the admissions offices only look at my old score and come to a decision based off of that score?

If yes, then what should I do to let them know that I plan on taking the test again in December.
Or do they see that I am taking the test again and only consider my application after my scores come in?

Thank you.

lefty20

Re: Old LSAT Score and Nov. Application Submissions

Postby lefty20 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:29 pm

On a number of applications, it asks when you have taken the LSAT, and/or when you plan to in the future. So those should be sufficient. For the others, it seems like you'd add an addendum. But here's my question, and it's not just for you, but for everyone... If the school isn't going to consider your application until your Dec. score comes in, what's the point of applying now? Why not just get everything ready to go, and then submit after your Dec. score appears. Seems like you're not losing any time since they won't (and you don't want them to) consider your application until then, anyway?

Bgard008

Postby Bgard008 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Thanks for the input.
I am applying this early because I do not want my application to be amongst ALL those applications that will be submitted during the christmas break. And the sooner the better! They may admit me with that score. Seems like a chance I should take. :)

Thanks again.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:35 pm

If you apply with what you have now, and tell them to wait for the December score, they'll still consider your application as coming in around that time (the release of the December scores). You don't get a place in line until you're complete.

You'll get a small jump because you won't have to click 'submit' on score release day, however, but it won't be a 2-month advantage, which is what I think you're thinking.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”