Medical Addendum Advice

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Medical Addendum Advice

Postby nodiggity » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:28 pm

I was absent from my first LSAT due to a medical reason. Is there anything I need to do other than state the condition? Advice on the following is appreciated. Thanks

This is what I have written:

"I was scheduled to take the February 2010 LSAT exam, but was unable to attend. As such, I would like to explain my absence. I began to experience discomfort while sitting in the week leading up to the test date. My condition quickly deteriorated in the coming days to the point of extreme pain. I was later diagnosed as having developed a pilondial cyst, an abscess that develops at the tip of the tailbone, or natal cleft, as a result of a hereditary skin defect. Although my condition is now manageable thanks to the cyst rupturing, it is one from which I ultimately still suffer. Surgery will be required to overcome the problem entirely. As a result of the cyst, I did not feel I was both capable of completing the test and performing to the level in which I was capable."

Re: Medical Addendum Advice

Postby kahechsof » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Or, you could write nothing. It isn't a bad score, it is no score. But if you must:
"I was scheduled to take the February 2010 LSAT exam, but needed to cancel for medical reasons."

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”