NYU C&F Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
danielhay11

NYU C&F Question

Postby danielhay11 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:47 pm

One of NYU's C&F question reads:

Have you ever, either as an adult or a juvenile, been charged with or convicted of any crime, or charged with or found to have committed any offense (whether or not defined as a crime), or are any such charges pending?

Most law schools specifically exclude minor traffic violations from this questions, while a few others (eg, Wisconsin) specifically ask applicants to include moving violations. Since it is technically an offense, do I need to disclose a speeding ticket I received last year? Or am I just over-thinking this?

Bildungsroman

Re: NYU C&F Question

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:49 pm

danielhay11 wrote:One of NYU's C&F question reads:

Have you ever, either as an adult or a juvenile, been charged with or convicted of any crime, or charged with or found to have committed any offense (whether or not defined as a crime), or are any such charges pending?

Most law schools specifically exclude minor traffic violations from this questions, while a few others (eg, Wisconsin) specifically ask applicants to include moving violations. Since it is technically an offense, do I need to disclose a speeding ticket I received last year? Or am I just over-thinking this?

Yes, you need to disclose it.

danielhay11

Re: NYU C&F Question

Postby danielhay11 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:07 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
danielhay11 wrote:One of NYU's C&F question reads:

Yes, you need to disclose it.

Thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”