LOR Advice?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
caminante

LOR Advice?

Postby caminante » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:38 pm

I have 3 LORs filed with LSAC. Two of them are from professors and I am confident that they are very good.

One of them is from my current supervisor. The rec from my supervisor is probably good, but it is almost certainly does not *stand out.* It is the first time my supervisor has ever written a rec, so I am afraid it is most likely quite cliche.

I have been out of college for 2.5 years, so some schools require that I submit an employer rec.

For the schools that do not specifically require the employer rec: should I submit it?

NiccoloA

Re: LOR Advice?

Postby NiccoloA » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:44 pm

I say yes. Most, I think, just submit two. So it'll just look like you only submitted two like everyone else.

caminante

Postby caminante » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:52 pm

So you think submitting all three would be a bad idea? I would be sad to leave out one of my professor recs. :( I have a feeling that both of them are truly excellent. (Also could be over-confident? haha)

coldshoulder

Postby coldshoulder » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:55 pm

caminante wrote:So you think submitting all three would be a bad idea? I would be sad to leave out one of my professor recs. :( I have a feeling that both of them are truly excellent. (Also could be over-confident? haha)

If you think both professors letters are excellent and you can only send two, send both professors. You haven't been out of school long enough for a mediocre supervisor LOR to trump a great professor LOR.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”