Why X and scholarships Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MachineLemon

Bronze

Why X and scholarships

Post by MachineLemon » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Any advice on the best way to write a "Why X" statement with an eye towards a named scholarship (no separate app)? Don't want to overstate my interest and lose money, but I don't want to get waitlisted due to YP. Basically, the school has an excellent scholarship program and is close to my home, but at sticker I will probably get better offers. Thanks!

Opie

Silver

Re: Why X and scholarships

Post by Opie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:58 am

TylerM wrote:Any advice on the best way to write a "Why X" statement with an eye towards a named scholarship (no separate app)? Don't want to overstate my interest and lose money, but I don't want to get waitlisted due to YP. Basically, the school has an excellent scholarship program and is close to my home, but at sticker I will probably get better offers. Thanks!
I have a similar situation. I probably wouldn't go to a certain school without a certain named scholarship. I'm way above that school's numbers, but they only hand out 5 of these per year.

Kabuo

Silver

Re: Why X and scholarships

Post by Kabuo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:39 pm

Is he allowed to mention the scholarship in the app? Especially if that's the main reason he's applying (you know, the most honest answer to the Why X?).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”