Sending a 3rd LoR (Strong one) after apps already submitted?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Cartman

Sending a 3rd LoR (Strong one) after apps already submitted?

Postby Cartman » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi folks,

So I already sent out all my apps and my 2 letters of rec (schools that have them required usually only have 2 req.) without waiting for this last letter of recommendation to come in, since the professor was taking an incredibly long time and I wasn't sure exactly when he'd finish it and send it. He just sent me an email yesterday apologizing for the delay and saying he put it in the mail, so depending on how long LSAC is currently taking to process letters it could be a week or two before it gets in. He assured me though that it was "a strong letter, one that he hopes will have law schools pounding on my door." He seemed adamant that this was a really good letter (and by all means I expected it to be, a great prof and as one of our pre-law advisors I figured he's probably done several before.)

So should I assign it to all the schools that I can (those that accept more than two) once it arrives? Will they still get it and accept it? My other two letters are also from professors that I've taken classes with, so I know that's already a plus, but I figured one more good strong one could only help.

Thanks for the replies!

Cartman

Re: Sending a 3rd LoR (Strong one) after apps already submitted?

Postby Cartman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:46 pm

Bump

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:58 pm

interested in the same. My CU's CEO is going to help me out by being my third rec, but we've both been inundated to shit with work and me with work / school so he's just getting around to it. I'm thinking of applying this week and just adding to those that will accept them since he's not academic, but my work experience is a relatively big part of my app so i'm hesistant. I suspect that your situation is the same except that your academics are bigger than your WE (I'm just assuming since you're going for three academic LORs.). Free bump.

Edit: I did some searches and it seems that earlier generally tends to = better unless you can be sure it will only be a few more days, but I'm wary that LSAC will process it soon enough so I'm still gonna keep an eye on this thread to see what recent applicants have to say.

Cartman

Postby Cartman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:06 am

Bump! Any advice?

ashleyrenee

Postby ashleyrenee » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:51 pm

I called LSAC last week to ask about this and they said that they send updates to the school. For one of my schools, Santa Clara they send updates every Monday, for USF they send on the 1st and 15th of each month. You can call them to find out when they will send the update but it will still make it to your school. I hope this helps/answers your question!

ALSO - you can assign it to the schools before it arrives and then the update will go out once it gets there :)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”