AAMPLE/Conditional Admittance Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Why AAMPLE Addendum?

AAMPLE Addendum
40%
No Addendum
60%

Total votes: 5

top30man

Silver

Re: AAMPLE/Conditional Admittance

Post by top30man » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:05 pm

Putting aside the fact that schools that offer AAMPLE are lower ranked, it's a pretty big price to pay for the small possibility of being accepted. And if you're getting in conditionally, it's not likely that you'd be getting scholarships. If money is no issue, that's great. But if it is a problem, why not wait a year and work while studying to retake the LSAT?
Not to be harsh OP, but I think this is the right option if you are planning on taking out loans. Paying the sticker price for one of these schools could land you in a bad spot. For St. John's, only 20% of the Class of 2009 were known to make a debt-servicable salary. That is a lot to gamble if you are taking out sticker price with loans.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:18 pm

lawlaw888 wrote:Okay maybe I will rethink my options. I'd also urge you all to have others on this board rethink theirs too. I understand that T14 guarantees you a job. But the fact is that half of the people who are applying to law school will not attend HYS... and plenty will not attend a T14. You all seem to be telling me that it's "T14 or bust." I guess all the other law schools out there should close up their schools. :| and half of the people who are applying to schools should stop. I now understand. Thanks guys! :D
Waiting for my apology...'cuz Scarlett's the only one who gets to call me Ratface, broski. 8)

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:33 pm

wonder how the op would have turned my username into a term of endearment...

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:59 pm

lawlaw888 wrote:Taxguy--
Thank you for the info.

Bildungsroman--
Stop. You sound really stupid. No one addressed you or your comments and your snide remarks are not entertaining or helpful. If you aren't going to help at least entertain me.I'd continue but you are not simply not worth it. That is all.
Bils, I think you are both entertaining and helpful. And snide. :D you're almost as awesome as ratface here. Now you have been addressed.

lbeezy

Gold

Post by lbeezy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:20 pm

You know what I don't understand? People come here and ask for advice. But then when you give them advice, they get super bitchy and act like you're the idiot. Makes no sense.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawlaw888

New

Post by lawlaw888 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Cinephile and Top30:
I am definitely thinking of taking the LSAT again. I know if I regroup I can boost my score up some especially using some of the study methods I've seen on here. I'm guessing I'd have to score about a 168 to score some kind of scholly? What do you think

Rinkrat <3 :D

No13baby

Bronze

Post by No13baby » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:23 am

It depends on what schools you want the scholarships from. Your GPA will put you out of contention (assuming you're done with undergrad and can't bring it up) for a lot of $$ at many T1s, but with a 168+ you may have a good shot at some money from a school like Washington U. in St. Louis, which values a high LSAT much more than GPA. Do some serious prep work, then go on Law School Numbers once you have a better idea of your improved LSAT score and check out how people with your numbers fared scholarship-wise.

top30man

Silver

Post by top30man » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:36 am

There are several TT that will automatically give you a certain scholarship for a certain LSAT. I believe both Rutgers and Pitt will both do this of you are at their 75th.
If you want to practice in NY or NJ I think Rutgers get you farther than st Johns.
In summary, a retake to the low 160s could get you money from solid TTs.

sach1282

Bronze

Post by sach1282 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:22 pm

lawlaw888 wrote:Okay maybe I will rethink my options. I'd also urge you all to have others on this board rethink theirs too. I understand that T14 guarantees you a job. But the fact is that half of the people who are applying to law school will not attend HYS... and plenty will not attend a T14. You all seem to be telling me that it's "T14 or bust." I guess all the other law schools out there should close up their schools. :| and half of the people who are applying to schools should stop. I now understand. Thanks guys! :D
Although you're trying to be hyperbolic, this is not far from the truth.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”