CRS Release Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Jmel

CRS Release Question

Postby Jmel » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:33 am

First post on TLS, and it's about me being an idiot. After this cycle's LSAT scores came out I double checked my CRS status only to discover that I hadn't yet granted LSAC permission to release my information to law schools. I immediately remedied the problem (October 25) but still have yet to receive a single fee waiver, and while my score is by no means outstanding, I know others who are receiving fee waiver emails with lower numbers.

Basically, I'm worried that - because my score came in before I'd granted CRS permission - my information was never released to law schools, and that's why I haven't gotten any waivers, or even general emails from schools. Am I correct? And if so, is there still a way for me to remedy the problem? I'm starting to stress out pretty hardcore about this, and would greatly appreciate any help.

georgeconstanza

Re: CRS Release Question

Postby georgeconstanza » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:18 pm

I had the exact same problem. My prelaw advisor told me it's not too late, but I guess we'll see. Anyone else know?

rayray

Postby rayray » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:26 pm

Hey I just made myself avaliable to CRS today too. Is it too late too late for waivers of no?

zdamico

Postby zdamico » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Either way, you should be sending an e-mail to each school you plan to apply to. Let them know you are interested in their school, what your GPA and LSAT are, and politely ask for a fee waiver.

paul34

Postby paul34 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:55 pm

Last edited by paul34 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

georgeconstanza

Postby georgeconstanza » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Anyone with this problem get any fee waivers? I haven't gotten a single one (and I have pretty solid stats). How long after I released the CRS thing should it take me to get fee waivers?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”