Class Rank/Size

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
euskadi

Class Rank/Size

Postby euskadi » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:51 pm

In the "education" section of a variety of applications, they ask that you list your class rank and size. I haven't been able to find this information, and it's not included on my CAS report. I know my percentile rank; would this be sufficient? Or should I want until Monday, call my university, and submit then? I'm assuming this isn't a massively important field, but I wanted to check to make sure (one of the applications is for my top choice).

Thanks in advance.

ThomasMN

Re: Class Rank/Size

Postby ThomasMN » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:09 pm

euskadi wrote:In the "education" section of a variety of applications, they ask that you list your class rank and size. I haven't been able to find this information, and it's not included on my CAS report. I know my percentile rank; would this be sufficient? Or should I want until Monday, call my university, and submit then? I'm assuming this isn't a massively important field, but I wanted to check to make sure (one of the applications is for my top choice).

Thanks in advance.

Is it a required section or optional? If it is optional, which I would guess it is, you don't have to fill it out. I know that my class rank showed up on my CAS, but I also have friends whose schools don't publish class rank. Unless you have a low GPA with a high class rank - this would happen if you go to a school with low grade inflation - then I would wait to put your class rank in if it helps you. That is, don't go advertising a class rank at median or below.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”