Failed due to attendance

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
john1990

Failed due to attendance

Postby john1990 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:39 am

As a freshman i got an "FX" in a class because i violated the attendance policy.

The lsac states

Withdrawal grades that signify failure (such as WF=Withdraw/Fail, WU=Withdrew Unsatisfactory, WNP=Withdrew Not Passing) if the issuing school considers the grade nonpunitive. The total number of credits assigned to these grades will appear on the applicant's academic summary, but will not be included in the GPA calculation.

Is it possible that my FX will not be counted toward my LSDAS?

barneytrouble

Re: Failed due to attendance

Postby barneytrouble » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:12 am

john1990 wrote:As a freshman i got an "FX" in a class because i violated the attendance policy.

The lsac states

Withdrawal grades that signify failure (such as WF=Withdraw/Fail, WU=Withdrew Unsatisfactory, WNP=Withdrew Not Passing) if the issuing school considers the grade nonpunitive. The total number of credits assigned to these grades will appear on the applicant's academic summary, but will not be included in the GPA calculation.

Is it possible that my FX will not be counted toward my LSDAS?

Well... does your school consider the grade nonpunitive? lol

theadvancededit

Postby theadvancededit » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:57 pm

Grades Excluded From Conversion:

Withdrawal grades that signify failure (such as WF=Withdraw/Fail, WU=Withdrew Unsatisfactory, WNP=Withdrew Not Passing) if the issuing school considers the grade nonpunitive.

john1990

Postby john1990 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:11 pm

My guess is it is punitive since it counted toward my gpa, although it was then dropped for academic forgiveness. It sucks because even dropping that one grade would give me a 3.38 from a 3.28 with my 166, you can see how wishful thinking threads come in :mrgreen:

but it sounds like this is punitive right?

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:17 pm

john1990 wrote:My guess is it is punitive since it counted toward my gpa, although it was then dropped for academic forgiveness. It sucks because even dropping that one grade would give me a 3.38 from a 3.28 with my 166, you can see how wishful thinking threads come in :mrgreen:

but it sounds like this is punitive right?

sounds like it. at schools where there are "academic forgiveness" programs or whatever the hell those mean, retakes that override past grades in a course do not carry over to the LSAC conversion (where they calculate both as long as it is on the transcript).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”